P100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsawnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have what I believe to be a p100 I pulled the muffler and checked the bore best I could with the gauge. Got 55.3 ish mm But it was tough to go straight across with the split exhaust port. So its prob the 56mm. Also piston is slightly domed. Anyway I think I am going to give up on the spark problem I have on it... I tried to make the coil from a smaller husky work with it. It bolted up fine but finding the right timing was just too much.. Compression is 150+ and the P/C and pretty much everything else looks good. It has been sitting around for a couple of years now and unless someone has an in for coils I think I am gonna give it up. Too many saws to tinker on and too little time. It also has the manual oiler and looks like a T under the P so its prob the thyristor? I think its called coil. And a wrap handle. Where the fuel line comes out of the tank is has silicone around it so its prob the wrong fuel line.. I am throwing this post up to see if someone has a suggestion for the coil before I list it for sale. Anyone know of a coil from a more modern saw that will work.. The coil I have on it now I think is from a 41 can't remember now for sure. But comes with the original non functioning one. I will prob see if anybody has something interesting to trade first if I can't get a coil. I don't know if the P/C is a direct bolt on for a P85 but a quick search on here will prob tell. Or JJ could rattle it off the top of his head :) Check my pics as I also wan't to confirm it is the 100. Thanks, John

Here are your pic's embeded......no extra charge :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry I should have been more specific. I did try another coil on it a couple of years ago but it didn't change anything. The pickup is whats shot. Thanks for the info tho. Forgot about that till you mentioned it its been so long ago. When I found the coil for the lil husky that fir and sparked I figured now this is the way to go one piece not 2 and could get parts for it still. Just didn't work out as planned.

I'm not sure why, but something is making me think it may be smaller than a P100. Something about the size, and the muffler looks different than the P100 to me.
Is that a decomp going through the top cover?
I think it's a P85.

Last edited:
It's possible this saw is a P85.
I have never seen a P100 with
the decomp valve. Although they
look identical and size wise. They
also share a few parts as well.

I have bought parts for them through
Wallingberg sales out in Ca. If you need
there contact info let me know.

Lee

Could be right I might just pull the cylinder and get a closer look... Could it be a 440t if its 56mm

That's very possible, i've never seen a R440 in person, but that example would show that it's probable it is. The muffler would match that one. It's interesting that they got rid of the decomp on the P100.

Back