Painting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
When painting say a clutch cover,what is the best method for doing the raised letters?

If its magnesium, paint it, then take a wire brush to the letters and just polish them up a little. Not a OEM look, but still looks sharp IMO
Thats Stihl covers anyways

If its magnesium, paint it, then take a wire brush to the letters and just polish them up a little. Not a OEM look, but still looks sharp IMO
Thats Stihl covers anyways

Might have to try that!

My hand is not the very steady anymore:cry:
have you ever taped it off?

taping sounds like the thing to do. I don't have much in the way saw painting wxperience but I have painted my share of houses and cars. Taping always saves clean up time.

My hand is not the very steady anymore:cry:
have you ever taped it off?

I have not ever taped it off. I let the coffee leave my system, the freehand it. It takes a steady hand..... lol
arrowheadpioneer

Just freehand with a camel hair artist type brush or the foam type already mentioned. Rest your wrist on some type of blocking or as I prefer to rest the side of my right hand on a temporary type of block then you just have to control your fingers. Do some dry runs with the brush and adjust the blocking to work the best for you, you would be surprised at how it steadies up your hand.
Pioneerguy600

Back