Partner AB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was at a guys place that deals with used lawnmowers and some three wheelers. Well the friend that I went with asked about chainsaws. He had a half dozen around his shop....didn't seem to know very much about saws...being a lawnmower guy....

Well after looking at a few of them the a Partner saw came into consideration. There wasn't any decals left on the saw, so which model of Partner??? From looking at the Chain Saw Collection Corner... I think it's a Partner F65A.. Here's a link:Partner F65A Chain Saw Collection Corner

Can parts be gotten for Partners? Is $20.00 too much for this saw?
I couldn't get any spark out of it
Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
Partner is one of the first Swedish company's that made saws.
They are now part of Electrolux/Husqvarna company.
There are many simular models...
Without pic's, description or anything that can help to ID the saw it is not easy to help.

Here are some models listed on CSCF Library:

********************************/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=20

If it is a Farmer 65, then the price is OK. They are very common around here, as a local garage sold them in the 1970's. There are two of them still in use on my brother-in-laws farm. The big rubber anti-vibe mount by the carb is the weak point that I have seen.

Partner AB was the manufacturer's name. You would need to have a model# to figure out the specs of the saw you are looking at. Partner made a very good saw but parts are hard to find. Unless the saw runs and oils, I would not spend money on it.

If it is a Farmer 65, then the price is OK. They are very common around here, as a local garage sold them in the 1970's. There are two of them still in use on my brother-in-laws farm. The big rubber anti-vibe mount by the carb is the weak point that I have seen.

Thanks for the replys guys! Yes....I think it's a 65...

How is it getting parts for this saw? How is it in wood?

Partner AB was the manufacturer's name. You would need to have a model# to figure out the specs of the saw you are looking at. Partner made a very good saw but parts are hard to find. Unless the saw runs and oils, I would not spend money on it.

rburg....yeah...I was tired when I started this thread....and figured out later that Partner AB was the manufactures's name. It might need a coil... The bar on it might be worth the $20.00??

Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
Take a look at Chainsawr.com at the top of the page. He has quite a few partner parts and also has ipls for partners and many others. My partner s50 is 27 years old and still runs good. The first time I needed parts I found a parts saw. I just recently got a vent system for it from the site I listed. You could also contact Wallenburg sales. I think they still have partner parts. Good luck in your search.

I have a Partner 65cc I just traded for here, think it is S65. Looks similiar but it does have a chainbrake. It only has a 16" bar and I cut about 10 minutes with it mostly white oak logs up to 15" of the bar in the wood. Power felt smooth and decent and comfortable in the hands, but thats just opinion based on 10 minutes of run time. What I don't believe I like is the location of the gas and oil caps, took almost a minute to find them on the opposit side as usuall. Mabe you get used to them but it was awkward the first fueling. Does seem to hold plenty so mabe less fuel ups.

Latest posts

Back