Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went in and resized the picture but now it may be too small to see I don't know? Yea I am not sure the text on the saw is sort of leaning back like the 7000 text does , and the sticker is long longer than would be needed to say p70? And according to what mike acres site says it is a 7000 because of the type of carb?

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 25
Yes I think you are right because even the p 70 text is leaning and I doubt a 7000 says ( P7000) does it?
Wich ignition has it ? The decal on the starter says "ignitron" Its the two Piece ignition with single coil on the cylinder and electronic module in the rear handle . (sometime ign. was replaced with a newer 7000 coil wich has the electronic inside)

I know what you mean, I had a saw onetime with a little blue box on the deck behind the carb. This does not have anything like that. I have it all apart right now, been cleaning it. It has a coil with just a plug wire and a place for the on/off switch wire ,...which happens to be missing.

I know what you mean, I had a saw onetime with a little blue box on the deck behind the carb. This does not have anything like that. I have it all apart right now, been cleaning it. It has a coil with just a plug wire and a place for the on/off switch wire ,...which happens to be missing.
The module (RIFA or PARTNER) is hidden inside the rear handle below the stop Switch.

Mark when you have time can you look at the coil and tell me what there are for wires leaving there? On the saw I have there is the plug wire and a spade connector on top of the coil, but no wire going anywhere? I am guessing that that spade connector is meant for a wire to go to the stop switch but I am not sure. I also need to see what that wire has on the end of it? It slips into a split pinch point in the stop switch I think but I don't know what is at the end of the wire itself ? Is it a male round end or a spade or something else?

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

Jeff, this is the service manual for it. Need me to look something up?
This awesome Partner binder was a gift from good friend Tom Coker.
It's got tons of cool stuff, I still haven't been through it all.

No not really Ed, I thought you had a pdf of the service manual. Someone else sent me a link to the 26 page service manual but I was wondering if you may have something with more info in it than that,....It looks like you do ! I was also looking for some one who could get me some decals I think I found the company but I have no way other than e-mail? I guess that is ok but I would like to call the guy. The company is Sugar Creek Supply in Mo. if anyone has a phone number for them that would be great I would like to call them.

Joe Salva owns Sugar Creek Supply. I've bought decals from him before. He does a top notch job. Email is the only way I contact him.
Sometimes he's quick with a reply/order, sometimes it may take a couple weeks. I guess it varies on how busy he is.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

Jeff, this is the service manual for it. Need me to look something up?
This awesome Partner binder was a gift from good friend Tom Coker.
It's got tons of cool stuff, I still haven't been through it all.

Ed, that looks like the service manual that I have here in PDF form. I got to get over there and look through that stuff..

No not really Ed, I thought you had a pdf of the service manual. Someone else sent me a link to the 26 page service manual but I was wondering if you may have something with more info in it than that,....It looks like you do ! I was also looking for some one who could get me some decals I think I found the company but I have no way other than e-mail? I guess that is ok but I would like to call the guy. The company is Sugar Creek Supply in Mo. if anyone has a phone number for them that would be great I would like to call them.

PM , your email address. I'll try to send that manual but be aware, its a pretty big file size.

Mark when you have time can you look at the coil and tell me what there are for wires leaving there? On the saw I have there is the plug wire and a spade connector on top of the coil, but no wire going anywhere? I am guessing that that spade connector is meant for a wire to go to the stop switch but I am not sure. I also need to see what that wire has on the end of it? It slips into a split pinch point in the stop switch I think but I don't know what is at the end of the wire itself ? Is it a male round end or a spade or something else?

Here you go, I had a picture of the p70 with the hood off. 100_1309 (Custom).JPG

Latest posts

Back