Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe Salva owns Sugar Creek Supply. I've bought decals from him before. He does a top notch job. Email is the only way I contact him.
Sometimes he's quick with a reply/order, sometimes it may take a couple weeks. I guess it varies on how busy he is.
just gave him the measurements for the p-70 decals.

some pictures I fixed up the recoil and made a bucking spike and repaired the broken top cover from the inside w/2 part epoxy. That fix is not in the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
My batteries died when I went to take a pic of the exhaust port inside of the cyl. I guess it is a 70 T port cause it has a narrow groove leading from the port edge back towards the cylinder.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 24
in one photo the fuel lines are tygon in the next they are clear ?

This is the top cover repair w/2 part epoxy the black strap is a piece of inner tube to keep it all pinched together. Jeff now I will stop posting for a few my key board is smoking !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 12
looks like you have 2 wires going from the coil one from the coil mounting screw and one from the spade connector. you must have the black module inside the handle bar? I hope after all this I am able to get fire to the plug?

Yeah I think the P70 is a ignitron ignition that used the module. The 7000 is later and didn't.

I'll try to attach the P-70 IPL

Attachments

• IPL Partner P55 P70.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 9
If i ended up needing one is the an after market source for p-70 pistons? Mine has 2 small scratchs on the exhaust side. At first i thought they did not reach above the rings , but 1 of them does although very fine.

I have a few partners and was wanting to know what a good compression psi for the p70 and p55 tport saws would be? Also is there an 48mm piston available that would work for the 65cc partners (420 and 421)?

Do any of you folks know of the part numbers for a p85 crankcase seals. Mine has an air leak that started this morning. I just built the saw last year and I love this saw it's a real powerhouse.

Most all of use wish we had a 100cc to build.
I certainly love that p-85. I swear it out cuts my 385. My husky is wearing a 24" and the p-85 is sporting a 20". Both saws have no base gasket and muff mods, the p-85 has just a touch of grinding on the ports. All and all it's a fairly even comparison. It's almost blasphemy for a husky man to speak like that.

Most all of use wish we had a 100cc to build.
I certainly love that p-85. I swear it out cuts my 385. My husky is wearing a 24" and the p-85 is sporting a 20". Both saws have no base gasket and muff mods, the p-85 has just a touch of grinding on the ports. All and all it's a fairly even comparison. It's almost blasphemy for a husky man to speak like that.

My point was that there based on the same saw basically so they share a lot of the same parts.

I have not run a 85cc version of the Partner but I don't doubt your word on it's running ability.

It's amazing how many re-branded versions of the p-100 are out there as well. A lot of my parts have been p-100 stuff. It's just that I happened to get a good deal on a p-85, disassembled in a box out in the yard of a saw shop. I've noted that the chassis appear to be the same, and obviously the bore is different, but I'm not certain if the stroke in longer in a p-100?
The p-100 must of been quite the unit in it's day.
Post scriptum... A public thank you to Arrowhead for the ipl.

A friend of mine has a couple of good running Partner saws, a P55 (super clean) and an R420(T?) that is also pretty clean. He wanted me to come in here and see if there would be any interest in these 2 saws. He also has a Farmer, but he isn't sure what he is going to do with it yet.
Thanks for any input!

Ted

If i ended up needing one is the an after market source for p-70 pistons? Mine has 2 small scratchs on the exhaust side. At first i thought they did not reach above the rings , but 1 of them does although very fine.

Today I put the P-70 back together but not without some issues. I had the flywheel off a few times and on one of the removals I broke the starter palls off the studs. Ought Ohh. I had a junk something or other and it had 1 good pall and 1 broken one. So I had to make one I made it from the hardest steel I have. You will see in the pictures how it turned out. I painted it and am waiting for new decals from Sugar Creek. He is waiting for Mark to send him a photo of the top cover decal I have already sent him all the rest I also had to rebuild the recoil , and I put a kit in the carb. I also removed the base gasket but the squish is still large 0.047 but I have no way to make it any less so it will have to be alright. I have 13 pictures to post. I whish I knew how to put a caption by each but I am sure you will not get too lost. Enjoy and thanks for the help if anyone has 1 pall I would be interested in buying it. JeffIMG_0230.JPG IMG_0231.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 6
Back