Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nardoo

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ya know, I had 6 or 7 of them 5000's, from the earliest ones to the latest, and I never did have one with an open port cylinder. I havent checked the one I have now though....

They must have all been sent to Australia! It is all I can find. They sure run fine though for an old saw. Funny, I find lots of 500's & they all have the plastic brake handle and all the 5000's I have found have the earlier metal handles. I would love to see the import inventory.

Al.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mark, what about that neat orange saw in the top right corner? I am sending it to Gmax as punishment! I once spent a thousand hours getting one of those to run right and have vowed never to touch a Frontier again.

Lee,
I like those 100cc Partners too. I have a three variations and still do not have a Partner badged one - but I am loooking! Not sure of the 7000 as I have not run it yet, but I have an early closed port 65cc jug on a P65 that is a great running saw.

Al.

Those little Frontier saws are no punishment.... although I don't want any more, two is enough. Real punishment would be a mini mac or a pm 610, send those over
and they will be "returned to sender" real quick! :D

I gave my one and only Partner a new chain and bar today, these are good saws built really well.

nb.jpg

Nardoo

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wayne that is a cute little Skil Partner and they sure run well. I am happy that you enjoyed the little Frontier - I had a Partner badged one that gave me fits. I am on the look out for another ugly duckling for you after you sent me that big old mac. I have a nasty McEwans special (Solo) sitting here with no one to love it - have you ever tried one of those?

Al.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wayne that is a cute little Skil Partner and they sure run well. I am happy that you enjoyed the little Frontier - I had a Partner badged one that gave me fits. I am on the look out for another ugly duckling for you after you sent me that big old mac. I have a nasty McEwans special (Solo) sitting here with no one to love it - have you ever tried one of those?

Al.

Al, No I haven't seen a McEwans special, I couldn't do much with that 040 you sent, the piston is broken and cylinder is bad.
It can go in the parts box :)

Nardoo

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes Bob, it is an Atom. But I always figured they were Solos underneath? I have had a few and passed them along as they don't really float my boat. This one is in pretty fine conditon but I haven't looked closely at it yet - Wayne it is heading west. BTW - pretty cheap 040 P/c on evilbay just now.

Al.

ozflea

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Yes Bob, it is an Atom. But I always figured they were Solos underneath? I have had a few and passed them along as they don't really float my boat. This one is in pretty fine conditon but I haven't looked closely at it yet - Wayne it is heading west. BTW - pretty cheap 040 P/c on evilbay just now.

Al.

I have a flyer here that shows the link between Atom and Solo to Solo Atom will always be a dirty world

atomsolobrocure.jpg

And they also stole their borer design off the old Solo Rex

Bob.

Last edited:

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite

Al.

Thanks Al, The Atom and Solo 640 do look remarkably similar :msp_smile:

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Partner farmer f55a shuts down

I have a farmer 55a and it was given to me, the guy said it started hard but after that it ran pretty good. Well My son works with a young man who lost his farther last year and he is trying to do all the things dad did. One of these things is put up a little fire wood but he did not have a saw and cannot afford one. So I put new gas line , cleaned the carb , Plug... ya know the avarage stuff and the saw fired right up.I ran it for 2 or 3 min several times and it seemed ok so as a suprise I gave it to him. Based on someones knowledge from AS of this saw it sounded like the best of three I was given so it's his now.
Well I seems that after it runs a little while ? "how long I dont know" it just dies on him stops running. And that is all I really know so far.I convinced my son to get the saw back and give it to me to look at. What do you think I should start by looking at? I own 3 older partners and this was one of them but dont know much about these perticular oldies. I have 500s and 5000's Thanks for your help.

Warped5

Warped5

WingNut
I have a farmer 55a and it was given to me, the guy said it started hard but after that it ran pretty good. Well My son works with a young man who lost his farther last year and he is trying to do all the things dad did. One of these things is put up a little fire wood but he did not have a saw and cannot afford one. So I put new gas line , cleaned the carb , Plug... ya know the avarage stuff and the saw fired right up.I ran it for 2 or 3 min several times and it seemed ok so as a suprise I gave it to him. Based on someones knowledge from AS of this saw it sounded like the best of three I was given so it's his now.
Well I seems that after it runs a little while ? "how long I dont know" it just dies on him stops running. And that is all I really know so far.I convinced my son to get the saw back and give it to me to look at. What do you think I should start by looking at? I own 3 older partners and this was one of them but dont know much about these perticular oldies. I have 500s and 5000's Thanks for your help.

My first look would be a coil issue .. coils have been known to act up after getting heated up.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Well not really sure I put gas in as it was out checked the plug tanish brown fair to good fire. Took it out on the lawn 3 pulls later it was idling so I left it for 15 min and she just chugged along fine? I have it apart now cleaning it up and painted the handle chain brake and top cover for him. I have all my fire wood cut or I would take it to my pile guess I can find somthing to cut. Barring that I will fill the tank and let her idle the tank away some more but I really dont see a problem?

Ambull

Ambull

OCD Muscle Saw Collector
I just wanted to share my latest toaster with you all. A really nice running P85 that I picked up from a fellow member. Running a 30" bar and 3/8" full comp chain. Enjoy!!!

008-5.jpg

009-5.jpg

010-4.jpg

[video=youtube;tEvKvRe2Oic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEvKvRe2Oic&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I just wanted to share my latest toaster with you all. A really nice running P85 that I picked up from a fellow member. Running a 30" bar and 3/8" full comp chain. Enjoy!!!

008-5.jpg

009-5.jpg

010-4.jpg

[video=youtube;tEvKvRe2Oic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEvKvRe2Oic&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Boy that is a really nice saw looks like new you are Very lucky to have it. Nice Saw...

Latest posts