Partner R16 variant identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got this saw today. I would like to know if it is a 55cc or a 65cc saw. I know it is some variant of the R16. It appears to be in good condition. I should be able to fix the recoil cover with fiberglass.
Thanks
602d3e020e842dd256cd87ce72d56797.jpg
bb62643a0218851ef3ed7c19cee35bb9.jpg
5059ce319f1f7858daee7b7613e46e8e.jpg
31753756a8836cb04694f990f554e28e.jpg
8f20933bd3e6966a58068fe85ab85337.jpg
d927ddc3ea0a814080dc09b05546ff85.jpg

It looks to be in good shape. Probably just rebuild the carburetor. I can probably work some magic on the air filter. I can probably get it down to a screen and cover it with some type of filter material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The F65 had a different, more angular handlebar and flimsier-looking starter assembly.
Either way, parts for both the F55 and F65 are hard to find these days.

I gotcha, this is the first saw of this model I've dealt with. If it runs as good a my p500s do then I'll be happy. It supposedly runs on gas in the carburetor. I found a new oem air filter for $11.50 on sears parts direct, so I ordered one. I have a carburetor kit for it already and probably a good used bar and chain so I shouldn't have to much invested and have a nice saw. So it's all good. Thanks for the information.

I gotcha, this is the first saw of this model I've dealt with. If it runs as good a my p500s do then I'll be happy. It supposedly runs on gas in the carburetor. I found a new oem air filter for $11.50 on sears parts direct, so I ordered one. I have a carburetor kit for it already and probably a good used bar and chain so I shouldn't have to much invested and have a nice saw. So it's all good. Thanks for the information.

Let me know if that air filter actually shows up. I have been there before

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Let me know if that air filter actually shows up. I have been there before

I'll let you know. I also ordered some 372xp crank seals from them. I hope I actually get everything. I got everything for a couple dollars more than just a new aftermarket filter on eBay would cost.

Most on line shops do not update their inventory list when NLA occurs

I see. I hope they have one in stock. That was probably the cheapest I'll ever find one. Another store online showed them in stock so maybe they still have some.

I'm in the final stages of an R17 restoration, and select parts are very hard to find in the States, short of buying a parts saw. Luckily I ran into some very gracious people that have parts and info to help along the way.

They're certainly neat saws that had a good reputation, but unfortunately the parts availability is dwindling.

It certainly is a neat saw. I think mine should turn out nicely. Good luck with the restoration.

I have the same saw in Skilsaw colors. Plenty strong running for their displacement.

I also found out that if the Thyristor ign ever goes out, its a simple swap to mount a common Husky 55 coil in place of it and just saw on.

Air filters are not that hard to find, they were the same on a lot of different models and show up on ebay off and on.
I have a NOS bucking spike listed for that saw right now..

Sears? !!!

They sold Partners at one time?

Sears? !!!

They sold Partners at one time?

Yes, I know, lol. They didn't sell any that I know of. Sears stocks parts for lots of husqvarna saws. My air filter for the partner has been shipped and should arrive Monday. My clutch side crank seal for my 372 should arrive Monday, however my flywheel side seal is on backorder until the 12th. If I get what I ordered then I'll probably buy more stuff from them. Their prices were pretty cheap. Everything I ordered was supposed to be oem.

Back