"Parts saw" score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
I had the opportunity to visit with another board member a few weeks ago. He said that he had a few "parts saws" for me if I wanted them. Here are a few pics of what I brought home:
attachment.php

Clockwise starting with the Pioneer. Pioneer 650, MAC 3-10 DSP, Jred 920 (in box), Homelite XL/SXLAO (enough to make 1 good one), Homelite XL-800, Poulan "K"
attachment.php

I am VERY excited about these "K" models. One appears to be very early, and the other is a later one. The plan was to make one good runner, but they both might be worth saving.
attachment.php

My First Jonsered! If you haven't heard I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD 920 TOP END!!!!! Looks like something got past the piston in here, and gouged the cylinder and piston. Sould be a good way to get started on Jred's if I can find the parts.....
attachment.php

The Pioneer 650. I would have been pschyed to come home with just this one. Not sure why he passed it on to me, as it is complete and seems to have decent compression. The only other big Pioneer I saw in his collection was a 620.
attachment.php

A few of the parts I came home with.....

Not appearing here are the incomplete MAC 2-10 (for the top end), and Pioneer 1174 (just needed the muffler).

No, I am not going to say who it was. He doesn't need to be bombarded with PM's. Just wanted the world (and the member) to know that I appreciate it. I have done so in the past, but I have a whole lot of "pay it foreward" to do in return for this.....

Last edited:
doc874

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Very nice score many happy hours of rebuild fun there. What model is that Johnny in the box? Looking at the coil setup its almost the same or perhaps it is the same coil setup that a Husky 288 and 281 use.

Hddnis

Hddnis

Addicted to ArboristSite
Very nice haul.

That will keep you busy for a long time. Guy that gave them to you should be sainted.

Mr. HE:cool:

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Try George Blake for Jonsered parts, if that doesn't pan out PM me for another name and phone number. I haven't tried him yet but Boyd Dosch from Dresser, WI says he has a lot of old Jonsered parts.

Is that clutch cover from a 650/660? It looks like an oversize unit.

Mark

Mark,

I do not know George Blake. Is he on here? I emailed some guy with a motorsag____ email address. Could that be him? I think that 920 will be quite a nice saw once she is up and running. I may try to find a full wrap bar for it also, just because.

The cover is a standard medium frame MAC clutch cover. I'll find my 650/660 someday. Right now I have WAAAYYYY too many projects, so I'm in no hurries.

andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Very nice score, Tim! Some of those are really something. The whole lot is pretty fun. Even the three-into-one XLs are a cool little project... and the Poulans are exceptional.

The 920 is a great saw. You might check with Niko, but I believe you can also use a 930 top end. The 910 is different... open port. Before someone suggests it, there are NO Huskies that interchange top ends. It might take you a while to find the top end, but I recommend you just stow the saw away until the magic day arrives.