Pennsylvania GTG MAY 3rd 2014!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm ready...well, getting ready ...
i figure this thread will get real active once we get down to 2 weeks before the date..
still huntin that 48-60" dia. monster log......you would'nt beleive how many chunks of wood i've gone to check out that were "atleast 4 feet across", that end up somewhere around 30 inches,,,,or less..

i figure this thread will get real active once we get down to 2 weeks before the date..
still huntin that 48-60" dia. monster log......you would'nt beleive how many chunks of wood i've gone to check out that were "atleast 4 feet across", that end up somewhere around 30 inches,,,,or less..

And I thought men only lied about the size of the fish, and the size of their .....

I've still got a 40" white oak that I can see from my driveway so I see it everyday but it's on a hill side in the pasture and across the creek, bummer. How short of a piece is still worth bringing? I have a truck and trailer to handle it just got to get a piece to level ground. Anyone in southern York or Lancaster Co with a big saw or big muscles want to help get some out I'll bring it.

checked out the big maple my dad cut down 49"at the base.10'up or so where the branches started coming out it's 80". just have to figure out how to saw it and get it on the trailer. i'll try and get some pics on here in the morning.

checked out the big maple my dad cut down 49"at the base.10'up or so where the branches started coming out it's 80". just have to figure out how to saw it and get it on the trailer. i'll try and get some pics on here in the morning.
oh, yea,
pictures would be good steve..
i'll come get it if need be.. my dump trailer is 10 feet long,,,,i got access to some bigger trailers if i need to....

oh, first we need to know if yer dad wants to part with any of it ??

here's the maple log at my dads. chuck,i told him we needed it to play with.he just looked at me.:confused: it needs a little trimming here and there .i'll see what i can do sat. after the rain.

Attachments

• 2014-04-0212.29.54.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 2014-04-0212.30.18.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 43
  • 2014-04-0212.30.30.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 40
FYI. We are up to 20 members signed on as of today.that does not include guests that may tag along with members. still waiting on pm's from those who posted that they were coming
only 30 days. keep them pm's coming.
Steve.

farmer steve
showerguy
nate66n1
redfin
stihl041s
garys
stihl660 cutter
rudedog
dff10
woodchipper 95
psuiewalsh
wagnerwerks
classicswc pending baby arrival
duane(pa)
glock37
ambull
wisewood
38f20
skippyshins
spencerpaving
knothole
MGO Blue
the swampthing
and a surprise celebrity who i swore on a stihl i wouldn't tell.

this is my list so far. if you pm'ed me and don't see you name, try again.
Steve

Latest posts

Back