Seeking a trusted shop in Doylestown, PA area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallmatt

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m looking for a trusted shop, that sells chainsaws, that delivers good customer service in the Doylestown Pennsylvania area. There are two smaller shops that I know of that sell Husqvarna and Stihl respectively, along with Ace and Truevalue. I’m not beholden to a particular brand.

Thanks!

Hi all, I’m looking for a trusted shop, that sells chainsaws, that delivers good customer service in the Doylestown Pennsylvania area. There are two smaller shops that I know of that sell Husqvarna and Stihl respectively, along with Ace and Truevalue. I’m not beholden to a particular brand.

Thanks!
There`s also an Echo dealer there too, may want to look into that brand too. I`ve been VERY pleased with my Echo saws i bought recently, and i spent far less money for Echo than the Stihl & Husqvarna brands, and the Echo quality exceeds many other brands in my own opinion. And i use to be a hardcore Stihl guy.

PAUL B MOYER & SONS INC​

190 S CLINTON STREET
DOYLESTOWN, PA 18901Phone: (215) 348-1270

May take you up on that. But also want to know, should I run into trouble with maintenance, who can I rely upon?
Me, myself and I.
Seriously though. If you want to bring or send stuff here DO NOT bring me filthy greasy stuff for quick turn work or repairs. Please clean it up first or keep tools decent is all I ask. The cleaning charge isn't the point most times it's the added time to inspect things properly. I'm done with most peoples hammered junk now days. Do have a 15 quart USC and it will clean anything. New media cabinet is going in this winter with two grits of walnut shells for bare metal finishing like cylinders. Mike in PA does powder work on cases and parts. My neighbor is the machine shop and we built the tools for machining anything. The rest is myself. Powder coating will be done here next year but not cases. Mike has them aces and side covers like starters. Just doing black parts for high heat only. We make the Vstacks here and others bits when needed. Mostly OEM parts or high quality AM names you see in OE manufacturing processes and specs.
20231011_171332.jpg

I test the junk myself 😆

There`s also an Echo dealer there too, may want to look into that brand too. I`ve been VERY pleased with my Echo saws i bought recently, and i spent far less money for Echo than the Stihl & Husqvarna brands, and the Echo quality exceeds many other brands in my own opinion. And i use to be a hardcore Stihl guy.

PAUL B MOYER & SONS INC​

190 S CLINTON STREET
DOYLESTOWN, PA 18901Phone: (215) 348-1270
We have Echo, Husky, Stihl and few other dealers in the area. Most aren't worth calling or stopping buy unless your picking up saws and parts.

Moyer was always decent. Never heard bad from there.

I've built the 600SX series and most of the CS saws from 7310 down. They do well. Most are terrible box stock imho.

Paul's b Moyers is a great place, but just average for service. Not really better or worse then the next guy. Since umbergers shut down (terrible service center, but amazing parts counter.) I've been running across town to Eblings service plus in myerstown. They murged with RS Hollinger in mountville a few yeaes ago. Id personally much rather either eblings or Hollinger over Paul b for service.

Back