Petzl Sequoia attachment points question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
Reaction score
Just got a new Sequoia (non-SRT) harness and am wondering about how to clip into it properly.

I've been using a rope grab on my secondary lanyard while using a rock climbing harness and had that clipped through a 'biner and through a 5.11 Tactical trainers belt (the kind with the D-ring 5klb load rated buckle) on my left hip (not the accessory loops since the climbing harness lacked lineman loops or side D's) - and that worked pretty good aside from being a pain to get set up when gearing up to climb. Granted, if I were to take a dive from my primary attachment rope failing I'd swing sideways, but is there a compelling reason to move this grab to the bridge of the Sequoia? Maybe once I get used to a floating bridge I won't want it on the side, but for now is this bad for some reason I'm not aware of yet?

I've seen pics of guys hooking in to the open rings in the leg loops too, but that's also not kosher per the users manual on the harness for some reason. Are these warnings for your primary only, or is it for any attachments to the tree? Seems like a lot of webbing holding on the D-rings to not be able to use them for a lanyard if you wanted to. Is this a lawyer warning because you could potentially fall out of the harness if you went toes up?

Sorry if this is a noob question. I didn't think it was really a home owners level issue.

Back