Photo comparison between MS440 & MS441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea thats pretty much like a 1970 dodge charger and a 1990 Geo Metro one is meant to go fast sound mean and just plain get er done while the other was made to not hurt ears sip fuel save trees (441) and just plain make the government happy.:givebeer:

Yea thats pretty much like a 1970 dodge charger and a 1990 Geo Metro one is meant to go fast sound mean and just plain get er done while the other was made to not hurt ears sip fuel save trees (441) and just plain make the government happy.:givebeer:

That statement sounds like too much beer!!!:dizzy:

That 441 is sure a portly mother, eh? Musta been drinkin' too much hefeweizen when engineering it...

i agree with you. bad goverment regs ruin good saw designs:cry: :dizzy: thats why old saw rule:clap: :clap:
just my beer monies worth
cheers mates

well i got to use a broken in 441 today .

it still isn't a 372 but i wasn't bad.i'd buy one in a pinch.i still like the 044 better.

he had a couple of ms361s but he had 25 inch bars on them.not really a fair comparison of them verses the 357 so i didn't bother.i fired one up to cut a branch of a log.seemed decent but not fair to compare to my 357 xp with an 18".the guy grabbed my 357 and used it a few times since it was near him.complimented how nice a saw it was.i think he would realize how nice his 361 was if it had an 18" or 20" on it.

my buddies 441 wouldn't start and fouled a plug a couple of times.i did get it running for him though.he did mention the words POS more than once until it finally ran.still only has a couple of hours on it.the 371 fired right up like always,as did the 395.

all in all i don't think it was a big deal,it was hot and humid as hell today.

he knows his way around a saw.

he's a stihl nut too.just a new saw.my 192 was cranky at first today as well.it was miserable out.i didn't really want to start either.

Which do you prefer to use?

I much prefer to use the 441,it revs easyer and dont bog down, seams to stay in the sweet spot better if you know what i mean, and its so smooth.That new air filter system stays cleaner heaps longer.I use 18'' bars on both with RSC chains.Have not used a 25'' bar on the 441 yet.
But one think i found out to day is the 440 has a # 8 drive sprocket and the 441 has a # 7 drive sprocket,so it may not be a fair comparison.
The 441 has a smaller fuel tank and a larger oil tank than the 440.

Cheers
:rock:

The 441 is a better saw in every way. It pulls a 28" in hardwood with authority and just rips with a 20" bar.

I may have inadvertently made Stihl some money. I brought my 441 to a friends house. They run an excavation business and have about a dozen 440/044's. After a quick use of the 441, they promise to make a quick changeover.

Latest posts

Back