Phraseology request

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear AS members. If you could please refrain from making unlucky and inviting statements about the upcoming winter season I would appreciate it. Examples. “Bring it on”, “I’m ready for whatever comes”, “ I don’t care how cold it gets” etc… I understand that Mr. Murphy and his wife Mother Nature are board members here and when they see statements like these in post they get upset. I offer these as approved alternatives. “I am ready for a moderate winter without much snow”, “I love this global warming” and “it sure is mild for February” By using the approved alternatives perhaps we can keep the two aforementioned parties happy and we can all make it through the upcoming season without an undue amount of effort.
Just in case these changes do not work I suggest that everyone continue to cut wood.

I've already gauranteed that it won't snow much this winter; rebuilding the snowblower right now. Just means I'll be sucking up lots of gravel when I have to blow off the light dustings. :angry:

Yeah, those of us lucky enough to live in the northeast remember all the "global warming dust" that came down last year.

The earth has too COOL before it warms..Its part of global warming....At least thats the line of BS they tried to feed us....

Plus I just picked up my new 1 ton dump, and the $6k plow that will be hanging off the front of it needs to be paid for, so BRING IT ON..
Mother natures a pansy...And Murphy can kiss my A$$...Gosh I hope that works...:D:D

Wait a second...you want me to try to fool both the father of bad luck himself and that witch...Mother Nature ....with some kind of double talk......for me I find ignoring them works better...and if they get smack dab in my way...well then I show them the flying bird and exclaim quite adamitely how I'm their number one fan...double flying birds and all.:rock::rock::rock:

The earth has too COOL before it warms..Its part of global warming....At least thats the line of BS they tried to feed us....

The theory is that warmer ocean temps (and by warmer we're talking 3 or 4 degrees) send more moisture into the atmosphere. More moisture in the atmosphere produces more storms-more rains in spring, more thunderstorms in summer, more hurricanes in the late summer/fall, and more snowstorms in winter. Sounds good to me. I like snow and more storms the rest of the year means more downed wood. :hmm3grin2orangel: Makes life more interesting.

Last edited:
"Bring what on" ?

Pay attention. Know "Goldberg's Law": " Murphy was an optimist".

Wait a second...you want me to try to fool both the father of bad luck himself and that witch...Mother Nature ....with some kind of double talk......for me I find ignoring them works better...and if they get smack dab in my way...well then I show them the flying bird and exclaim quite adamitely how I'm their number one fan...double flying birds and all.:rock::rock::rock:

I've been noticing credits being removed like this post had...I wonder why??????:bang::bang::bang:
Not that credits mean anything.:rock:

The theory is that warmer ocean temps (and by warmer we're talking 3 or 4 degrees) send more moisture into the atmosphere. More moisture in the atmosphere produces more storms-more rains in spring, more thunderstorms in summer, more hurricanes in the late summer/fall, and more snowstorms in winter. Sounds good to me. I like snow and more storms the rest of the year means more downed wood. :hmm3grin2orangel: Makes life more interesting.

Also, water vapor is a greenhouse gas. As areas like northern forests warm up, much methane that was trapped in permafrost, is released- a powerful greenhouse gas. Guess what all that brings.

Given that the Arctic Ocean will likely be ice-free as present trends continue, it makes it even more ludicrous how the nay-sayers can keep twisting their knickers while chanting "No way." Sometimes it takes a little humility to see and admit the truth. Lighten up. Learn what "global" means.

Also, water vapor is a greenhouse gas. As areas like northern forests warm up, much methane that was trapped in permafrost, is released- a powerful greenhouse gas. Guess what all that brings.

Given that the Arctic Ocean will likely be ice-free as present trends continue, it makes it even more ludicrous how the nay-sayers can keep twisting their knickers while chanting "No way." Sometimes it takes a little humility to see and admit the truth. Lighten up. Learn what "global" means.

How did the methane get in the permafrost?

CTYank...really, can't you lighten up just a little and let us have our fun. That little volcanic eruption in Finland a few years back threw up more than 100 times the polution the man has created...in the history of man.... If it gets warmer, aint nothing we're gonna do about it. If it gets colder, the only thing you can do is toss another log on the fire. Sit back, grab a beer, and admire the scenery.

CTYank...really, can't you lighten up just a little and let us have our fun. That little volcanic eruption in Finland a few years back threw up more than 100 times the polution the man has created...in the history of man.... If it gets warmer, aint nothing we're gonna do about it. If it gets colder, the only thing you can do is toss another log on the fire. Sit back, grab a beer, and admire the scenery.

ICELAND ICELAND
....get it right, we Finns are pissed off with you.

" Some say the world will end in Fire,
Some say ice.
As for my desire,
Ice will suffice." R. Frost ( corrections welcome)

hehehehehe

OK, I hear ya!

I'm still cutting though, every day as much as I can afford the time.

I am cutting with three things in mind..I ain't getting any younger, if I can gradually expand my cut and stacked stash, this is a good idea

I pay attention to a lot of news, global economic./business/political. Looking at that..I want more wood cut and stacked now. Premium no ethanol is four bucks a gallon for me local, then there's diesel and mix oil and bar oil, etc..bottom line, it is all oily stuff. Affordable now and you can get it, reality can literally change overnight.....I remember the embargo and understand we now import WAY MORE than we did back then....I'm cutting now. Headlines are not making me feel all wonderful or nuthin' about things...

Last..actually have some decent selection of running saws now, still not complete, but closer, so am taking advantage of that fact.

Even if it is a mild winter, don't care, still want to stack. If I ever get into the position where I have so much wood stacked I have run out of room, meh, sell some. That'll be awhile though.

I treat the woodpile just like my food stash, keep adding to it. Been poor before, broke, hungry, homeless, mostly crippled up and not able to work or even fend for myself much at all... been through real unexpected situations, etc. Better to get stuff that you need, while you can do so, else that guy you are talking about, mr. murphy, can show up.

I got all 3 of my snowmobiles running good, so it is almost a sure thing we won't be getting much snow here.

You're not that far from Joplin - maybe mother nature will bring you one of those! :msp_ohmy: :msp_ohmy:

Bout 12 miles from the path of that one... Still picking junk out of the fence rows...:msp_wink:

Get a lot of them every year... That one was just a biggun that hit an actual town... Yes... It was ugly... Kinda like a blender...

me likey cold and snowy :hmm3grin2orange:

I think Mom Nature has a sense of humor...wicked sometimes, but still

and ya' gotta smile when that lady in the SUV steps out of it into the icy parking lot wearing heels!

I personally dont know about the rest of you guys but i own a SNOWMOBILE and i enjoy snow. ESPICALLY for deer hunting. So id be happy with a moderate winter of 8 inches of hard pack and another 3 feet of powder...:laugh:

Latest posts

Back