Phraseology request

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally dont know about the rest of you guys but i own a SNOWMOBILE and i enjoy snow. ESPICALLY for deer hunting. So id be happy with a moderate winter of 8 inches of hard pack and another 3 feet of powder...:laugh:

Sold all of my sled for a down payment on a house, the winters around here were to mild also.
I miss ryding thou. So much so I bought a Can Am Spyder...Man is it fun...and I dont need snow..lol

I still want the powder. I make a lot of $$ everytime it snows..

Back to Global Warmi... err... Global Climate Change.

Yep, I'm a believer... I believe the global climate is changing.

Globally getting warmer? Yep. I believe the earth is getting warmer, and has been getting warmer since the middle of the last ice age. I believe it will continue to get warmer until we hit the middle of the current warm period, when it will begin cooling towards the next ice age.

Is mankind speeding up the warming process? I seriously doubt it. But even if he is, wtf difference does a couple hundred years make, or even a thousand years, when the cycle is measured in millions of years. It's still gonna' get hot... I say lets get the hottest part over with a.s.a.p. and head for the cooler side.

Can mankind stop the warming? Nope.

Can mankind slow the warming process? I seriously doubt it. But even if he can, wtf difference does a couple hundred years make, or even a thousand years, when the cycle is measured in millions of years. It's still gonna' get hot... I say lets get the hottest part over with a.s.a.p. and head for the cooler side.

Blaming global warming on the activities of mankind is akin to blaming the last earthquake on the Hiroshima bomb... total bunk. As already mentioned, a single erupting volcano will blast double, or triple the (so-called) greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere than mankind has in his two-hundred-million year history...

Sorry, I just ain't buying the man-made thing, and I ain't buying we can do anything about it either. And I sure-the-hell ain't gonna' switch to some inefficient, more expensive, alternative energy when oil and coal are still the best bang-for-the-buck we've got, even with the latest price increases.

So... I'm ready... BRING IT ON! ... BRING ON THE HEAT! ... BRING ON THE COLD! ... after all, it-is-what-it-is and there ain't a damn thing we can do about it.

I personally dont know about the rest of you guys but i own a SNOWMOBILE and i enjoy snow. ESPICALLY for deer hunting. So id be happy with a moderate winter of 8 inches of hard pack and another 3 feet of powder...:laugh:

As long as we're playing lets make a deal, is it too much to ask to get 8" of clear solid ice on the lakes before they get covered in the snow you're looking for? Took freakin forever before we got enough ice under all that insulation to get the shack out last year.

For the serious folks in this thread, winter is coming. It will be cold, it will snow (most places), people will #####. Spring will come, it will come with rain and mud, people will #####. Summer will come, it will be hot, it will be dry or wet, people will #####. Fall will come again, and people will ##### about the shorter days, cooler temperatures and the winter to come. Whatever will be, will be.

As long as we're playing lets make a deal, is it too much to ask to get 8" of clear solid ice on the lakes before they get covered in the snow you're looking for? Took freakin forever before we got enough ice under all that insulation to get the shack out last year.

For the serious folks in this thread, winter is coming. It will be cold, it will snow (most places), people will #####. Spring will come, it will come with rain and mud, people will #####. Summer will come, it will be hot, it will be dry or wet, people will #####. Fall will come again, and people will ##### about the shorter days, cooler temperatures and the winter to come. Whatever will be, will be.

Not to much to ask 4 at all. Lakes around here were a slush bowl..Ice fishing was a PITA..but I still went.

Back