Pic of the year 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Couple more. Every summer I get called down to the yatch club to go up a mast to fix, untangle or install something.

That first pics a whole lotta trunk there! Nice skidder

Thanks! It was a big rotten black willow on a golf course. We took down a bunch of them. The deal was just to cut them down and they clean up. After they realized how much wood there was they said do what you gotta do to get that crap outta here we will fix the grass. Surprisingly it didnt do much damage at all. We stayed off the greens and fairways obviously. Found some golf balls inside the trees. Had to break out the big shot and launch a few at the end of the day!! Log truck is the way to go if stuff is already on the ground and you can get close to it. Put the logs on the truck set the brush near or right in the chipper and keep on rockin.

Not that many interesting trees this year for me, mostly was just gittin 'er done. This liquidambar was a memorable job, and the biggest liquidambar I've done. Took 2 and a half days, and ended up being about 70 cubes in all told. We're down to the last leader in this pic, the roof in the background is the second story. For scale, I'm 6'3 and 260#, the saw is a 660 with a 3' bar. I think that crotch is probably about 20' up.

Shaun

attachment.php

Something funky going on with pic attach, wouldn't let me attach

Damn you throw out some photoshoot type pics, I remember you had some solid shots last year. Makes me miss N.H, raised in keene. All i got is my groundies Iphone shots, guess Im to busy for posing. Anyway good stuff. I just got day to day stuff heres a crane pick.View attachment 266474

I keep an old camera in the truck and my wife takes pics when she's on the job which is a lot these days. They do look posed but we don't get as many good action shots for some reason. It's amazing what a few good photos on a website will do for business. It's fun to see other people photos on here. Keene's nice....where are you now?

Just curious, why? It's old and no-frills but as far as I know it's safe.

I have 3 of the exact same saddles , they are a great no frills "work" saddle I think you'll learn the more ya post here if someone doesn't recommend you to reinvent the wheel there will be nothing left to talk about , great pics BTW. Think of how dreadful it would be here if we were all robots that said " your right" and hey " great job" LOL

Last edited:
banyan downtown kona, eucalyptus robusta hamakua coast, and my little marshal island boy Bourne at the Hilton

Look at the tree behind the Eucalyptus....180 plus
wow that text got big:dizzy: beatn these keys wiyh an axe

Any other pics of the Banyan in Downtown Kona? I would love to see some action shots of that tree.

Back