Pick up truck load price of firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stack my wood bed height and it is stacked on my trailer too. I'm running behind I believe this year. I'm going to just stock pile the wood up instead of stacking it all just to load on to my truck . I have a 8 acre field with a barn I've started using to store wood at my place

Is 80$ per pick up truck load of wood a reasonable price? I been selling it like this for a few years and wonder if I should go up
I drive a 1 ton chevy with a full size(8') box. I can get somewhere between 60 and 70 bundles for campfire wood thrown in the back of the truck every time so I charge $125.00. Oak, cherry, locust and walnut only. I can sell all the campfire wood I want so why take less for the same amount of wood? We don't know your area or the scalpers that are running around you, so it is really hard to give great advice on pricing, imho.

Too many variables in pick up loads. Why not sell by face cords or half cords or full cords? I know it has to be measured then. I use to stack 2 rows 2 foot high down the center of my 8 foot bed. = 1 face cord. Now I stack it in my loader bucket to measure it when loading. I get $120 a face or $360 a full cord of oak. So I need it to be exact.

Is 80$ per pick up truck load of wood a reasonable price? I been selling it like this for a few years and wonder if I should go up
Last winter some guys went up to $100.00 a wet rank all most now they can't give firewood a way got greedy and done there self in for firewood selling.

Depends on what size bed.
I have a measuring rack I built 4 ft by 4 ft by 32 inchs is one face cord in my area it is called a rank a 6 1/2 ft truck bed with wood placed in it will fill up level with the top of the bed with no side boards. My rack if you took the wood and made one row it wood be 8 ft by 4 ft by 16 inchs a third of a cord in my area it is selling for $60.00 dollars delivered and stacked.

While stopped for a pop, I had a guy offer me $50 to drop this off at his house.

It's the first 40 feet of a standing dead White oak.
I don't usually sell or buy wood, but he only lived a half mile away. :)
That's a Tacoma, I'm guessing 1200 lbs.

I let him split it, I went back for the smaller stuff.

Tom
You give that guy a good deal a real good deal I wood like to have a 100 of pickup loads like that for $50.00 bucks each but have to be Ash the King of Firewood.

A few years a go I was lost happened to see two guys unloading a S-10 pickup with a tool box in the back at a house The farther I went the loster I got so I turned around and went back passing the house I saw the wood being unloaded two ladys were stacking the wood I stop for directions to get of that area to the main highway. The gals told me they had just bought this cord of firewood for $220.00. I took them to my truck and told them this is a rank they said that must be 10 cords I said no ladys this a third of a cord. They and there friends are my customer for my knotted wood I can't bundle. I get 5 or 6 ton of knots I take them over dump and they pay me when they can some times I get a check for $20.00 the next check might be $200.00 if I don't get any they my waste catchers.

Latest posts

Back