Picked it up today ms441 cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, i got a chance to run the saw a little bit. I am impressed, and know it will only get better. I had a small glitch that I wasn't expecting, and hopefully you mtronic guys can tell me weather it was normal or something to be wary of.
It stalled twice, both times restarted on first pull and seemed ok, just didn't expect from this saw. First time was after cutting a few rounds, I set it down and let it idle, after about a minute, it just stopped. Second time i started it, went to cut a round, and just as i was about to squeeze trigger, it died. Is this just happening during learning / break in, or do I need to keep an eye out for running problems? It didn't get used much this weekend, maybe 1 tank, and be able to cut again till the weekend.

Damn new technology. Take it back and demand one with carb you can actually adjust... j/k

A couple of weeks ago Pacific Stihl told my local dealer that 1 in 12 MS441 Mtronics has carburetor problems that can't be fixed. They told them to sell the MS461 and only order an MS441 M-tronic if a customer demands one.

Ok, i got a chance to run the saw a little bit. I am impressed, and know it will only get better. I had a small glitch that I wasn't expecting, and hopefully you mtronic guys can tell me weather it was normal or something to be wary of.
It stalled twice, both times restarted on first pull and seemed ok, just didn't expect from this saw. First time was after cutting a few rounds, I set it down and let it idle, after about a minute, it just stopped. Second time i started it, went to cut a round, and just as i was about to squeeze trigger, it died. Is this just happening during learning / break in, or do I need to keep an eye out for running problems? It didn't get used much this weekend, maybe 1 tank, and be able to cut again till the weekend.

Maybe do the calibration on it first and see what happens. Calibrating is really easy, and should be done if you modify the muffler or port the saw.

Take the bar and chain off the saw.
Set the switch to the start position.
Start the saw. Do not touch the throttle or move the switch. It will fart and idle rough, but that is ok. Let the saw run for 60 seconds.
Without touching the throttle, turn the saw off.
Refit bar and chain.
Go cut some wood.

I did this once to mine when I got it, havent had any issues with it since. From what I have read/heard, they free up really nicely.

A couple of weeks ago Pacific Stihl told my local dealer that 1 in 12 MS441 Mtronics has carburetor problems that can't be fixed. They told them to sell the MS461 and only order an MS441 M-tronic if a customer demands one.
? Bump. Any truth?

Latest posts

Back