picked this up today,, pegs sucka meter,, figure out what it is

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well hate to disappoint you guys,,, its not a vhs of german snackies,,,, it is german related tough,,,,, ok,, heres the story,,, rodgers dad was a stihl dealer in the 60's and 70's and I think into the 80's,,,,,, he said that stihl gave him this in 1967 since he was dealer and 1 was given to each dealer,, rodger was old enough to remember it too,,,, he asked me today if I wanted to buy it,, I took it out of the original box and looked at it,,, this thing is MINT,, only 1 little scuff on it and you have to look hard to find that,, I don't think it was ever taken out of the box much less used,,, ok,,, here it is

IMG_0627.JPG

I thought you were gonna say you found the holy grail of chain grinders or a bar shop, or a mint saw for cheap. But at least now you can literally sharpen the blade on ur Stihl!

I thought you were gonna say you found the holy grail of chain grinders or a bar shop, or a mint saw for cheap. But at least now you can literally sharpen the blade on ur Stihl!
LOL ya I was hoping for something more interesting! That knife is from the mid to late 70's What did you wind up paying? My uncle has the complete collection in his dealership. Still a nice find!

honestly, i think a VHS with german snackies would have been cooler. if i went into a knife shop that one would be the last one i'd buy. it is something you don't see everyday though.

i would have tried get him down to $2 :laugh: naw j/k. you did good there scott. i would have bought it for $5. you made it sound like gold in your OP so i figured you paid way to much for it. it says stihl on it though, so it must be overpriced somewhere around $150.

Back