Picked up a few saws....Whatcha think?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjnspecial

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Picked up a few saws over the last few weeks all from different sellers.... a MS200T, 064 and 394XP.
The guy with the 200T didn't know why the saw would't run right and was selling it for $250. All it was was the bar spocket was so worn, the chain was binding in it. I didn't try to negotiate because my 200t wasn't running right(more later on this) and he had just got laid off. Worked out good for both of us.
Despite it's looks, 064 has gobs of compression and starts on the 3rd or 4th pull from dead cold-$250. All it needed was an oil feed line. Also came with a few extra dull chains and a 24 inch bar.
The 394 is in perfect shape, came with a 28 inch bar-$350. Can't wait to cut side by side with the DP066...:greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Picked these up today, local Auction, Little Makita DCS 340, Stihl 08s, Stihl TS400 Cut Off saw and what i believe to be a Stihl Contra but not entirely sure.
DSCF0659.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF0657.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF0655.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF0654.jpg

DSCF0653.jpg

Makita needs fuel pipe and grommet, TS400 needs throttle linkage, 08s needs oiston and cylinder (ive got one somewhere) Contra starts and runs like a dream but some one has painted the white/grey with a brush.

Picked these up today, local Auction, Little Makita DCS 340, Stihl 08s, Stihl TS400 Cut Off saw and what i believe to be a Stihl Contra but not entirely sure.

DSCF0659.jpg

DSCF0655.jpg

Makita needs fuel pipe and grommet, TS400 needs throttle linkage, 08s needs oiston and cylinder (ive got one somewhere) Contra starts and runs like a dream but some one has painted the white/grey with a brush.

That's a Contra for sure and looks in pretty nice shape. Runs good you really scored! Take a look at this thread for a lot of Contra info:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=1239172#post1239172

So what'd yea have to pay for the Contra (if you don't mind sharing - of course)!:greenchainsaw:

Not a bad looking 08S either!

I dont mind saying what i paid at all, The total cost including vat at 15% was £137 for all four. Ive just had a real good look at the contra and think its the original bar, it has the stihl logo embossed onto it.

Great find! Nice saws, I love the older Stihls. Anybody know how much in US dollars he paid?

Picked up a few saws over the last few weeks all from different sellers.... a MS200T, 064 and 394XP.
The guy with the 200T didn't know why the saw would't run right and was selling it for $250. All it was was the bar spocket was so worn, the chain was binding in it. I didn't try to negotiate because my 200t wasn't running right(more later on this) and he had just got laid off. Worked out good for both of us.
Despite it's looks, 064 has gobs of compression and starts on the 3rd or 4th pull from dead cold-$250. All it needed was an oil feed line. Also came with a few extra dull chains and a 24 inch bar.
The 394 is in perfect shape, came with a 28 inch bar-$350. Can't wait to cut side by side with the DP066...:greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

attachment.php

A great find! I have been thinking of looking into a Husky myself, I never ran one.:dizzy:

I dont mind saying what i paid at all, The total cost including vat at 15% was £137 for all four. Ive just had a real good look at the contra and think its the original bar, it has the stihl logo embossed onto it.

Thanks for sharing that. Roughly $205 dollars is truely theft! Wish it had been me winning that auction. :cry:

Well done Jamie, give the bar a gentle clean and it will have the date stamped on it. Remember to give the fuel tank and give the carb a clean before you start it up. I sugest this as the last two Contra's I got had a lot of dirt in the carb and tank which I suspect was paint from the tank. Also remember that they don't run as fast as new saws so don't go leaning it out !!

Back