picked up a new project (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2002 is late. No issue.

The resistance you feel might well be the magnets on the flywheel attracting the coil.. take the coil off...

Re: the piston above. The top edge shows bad pitting from detonation - bad gas, low octane gas, or ignition too far advanced.. and combine this with over-reving and a lean H setting, and you have a toasted piston.

Last edited:
The resistance you feel might well be the magnets on the flywheel attracting the coil.. take the coil off...

magnets... hadnt even crossed my mind... next bit of the service manual to read, ignition system!

thanks lake, all input is much appreciated...:cheers:

how about the side to side play in the crank? im guessing thats trashed bearings, right?

Uh oh... 2002 may be a problem..

Side to side isn't good... bearings at least... But....What's your serial number? if 2002 came from the tank, don't assume the engine is the same date. An even if it is... that's the date the case was changed.

The clutch side is VERY difficult to insert. I made a special backstop to do it the "factory" way. I have a better technique if you're heading that that way... Be sure your getting the correct bearing part number - it was revised for clearance in 2002, but old stock exists.

Pull you clutch - you should be able to see which part is moving - the inner or the outer bearing shell..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back