Picked up a Poulan 3400 today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamradio

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a Poulan 3400 today. It was torn apart, in a box. Whoever took it apart was kind of a moron. They broke a fin off the flywheel and put a big crack in the rear handle. I plan to attempt to weld the crack in the handle up. Piston is in nice shape, looking through the exhaust port. I don't know if I'll actually use it, or just sell it on eBay. Not bad for free, though. :D Missing the recoil, but I think it'll turn up, as there was a pile of junk that is going to get sorted through and brought in for scrap, and I told the person who is sorting it to keep and eye out for a bright green recoil. :D What keeps me from using it when I put it together is I think I'd be harassed by friends because I'd be using a Poulan, instead of my stihls. :D

Hey, free is always good! You might like the ugly green thing. I bought mine used 12 years ago and it's still running great. a muffler mod really makes a difference on this saw, in my opinion. I opened up the baffle and the front cover and it seems very happy! 18" bar is just right. Good luck with it!

I just hope the broken fin doesn't cause too many problems.

Back