Picked up a used HT75

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel nut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found a good used HT75 on Craigslist for 300 bucks. So I went and took a look at it. It started kinda hard and ran, just not very good. I noticed the bar didn't have much oil on it when running. I thought I could get it working better once I got it home so I offered him $260 for it and said ok. Probably shoud have went lower but oh well. Got it home and tried it out again and the oiler wasn't working at all. It was the end of the day so I decided to quit and got home and got on here to look for some answers as to why the oiler wasn't working. Love this site! The most common suggestion was taking the oiler tank off and cleaning it out along with filter screen. Sure enough it had some debris in there. Cleaned it out and tried to get it to start but wouldn't. Pulled the plug and it was wet of course. Took a whiff of the fuel didn't smell too fresh. Dumped it out and after spinning and the motor over with a drill for a while put the plug back in and got it going. It was way out of tune so got er dialed in and now that baby runs like a top! Lots of oil on the bar now too. Sorry for the long winded story. :)

Back