Pics and ?s on my new 046...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, I've finally wrapped my mind around the whole muffler/muffler cover fiasco and am no longer completely retarded in my understanding therein :laugh: I will be adding a new dual port cover in the near future.

And in light of that, the tinkering has begun...

I mean, I can't be around this place all day long and not have an intense desire to toy with my saw right...? :D

So the bare aluminum on the handle was kinda bugging me. I just like the look of black so much better. Luckily I had some black spray on rubber coating crap and put it to use after taking the handle off and masking it.

DSC01784.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

Then for good measure, I just had to take a quick pic of little budding saw family :laugh:

DSC01793.jpg

Basically, this will always be a working saw for me so I'm not overly worried about making it a gorgeous looker. However, I have had thoughts that it might be nice to clean it up more. The thought has also crossed my mind about replacement plastics. Do they make them? Would I have to buy used off a parts saw thus netting me no real advantage? I can't see painting them and having it ever look right...? Should I just not worry about it and run the damn thing the way it is?

I just can't ever seem to leave well enough alone. Especially regarding new toys!

Then for good measure, I just had to take a quick pic of little budding saw family :laugh:

DSC01793.jpg

Basically, this will always be a working saw for me so I'm not overly worried about making it a gorgeous looker. However, I have had thoughts that it might be nice to clean it up more. The thought has also crossed my mind about replacement plastics. Do they make them? Would I have to buy used off a parts saw thus netting me no real advantage? I can't see painting them and having it ever look right...? Should I just not worry about it and run the damn thing the way it is?

I just can't ever seem to leave well enough alone. Especially regarding new toys!

Awwwww lookeethere, they're snuggling, you do realize what this will lead to eh? (don't worry about the covers, yes you can find them I'm sure but why bother? Think I'd just maybe get it some new lables/badges, esp. the top one :) )

:cheers: & Welcome and thanks for the great pics! Work Safe!

Serge

I would LOVE to find a used 046. One thing you did well was to look for a saw BEFORE you moved to Michigan. PNW Craigslist has more saws in a week than I see in a year here in Utah.

Awwww arent they so cute!!!!!!

I will be adding a new dual port cover in the near future.
And in light of that, the tinkering has begun...
I mean, I can't be around this place all day long and not have an intense desire to toy with my saw right...? :D

Basically, this will always be a working saw for me so I'm not overly worried about making it a gorgeous looker. However, I have had thoughts that it might be nice to clean it up more. Should I just not worry about it and run the damn thing the way it is?

Dude,,,,,

Ya got it bad huh?????? new plastic can be had @ the dealer,,, its up to you,,, if its really just a work saw as you say,,,, run it,,,, if its a toy!!!!! well Iknow for a fact new parts are generally a few bucks cheaper out west just due to shear volume being sold I suppose?????

sometimes Cheapstihlparts has some decent used stuff,,,, BTW since your candy coating it,,,,,, you really ought to get yourself an Elasto-Start pullrope/handle to go with your new covers and dualport muffler cover!!!!!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: LOL,,,,,,

Yeah hes got the bug!!!!!!

Awwwww lookeethere, they're snuggling, you do realize what this will lead to eh? (don't worry about the covers, yes you can find them I'm sure but why bother? Think I'd just maybe get it some new lables/badges, esp. the top one :) )

I think I may have to do the badges. I've been going back and forth on it but they're only a few bucks right... So why not :clap:

BTW since your candy coating it,,,,,, you really ought to get yourself an Elasto-Start pullrope/handle to go with your new covers and dualport muffler cover!!!!!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: LOL,,,,,,

Yeah hes got the bug!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh: My starter handle does look a little sad and decrepid.

I don't know what it is exactly that makes me wanna make the saw look all purdy :confused: All my vehicles are purpose built and I've never cared about asthetics on them. They've just been built well to do what I need them to do.

Latest posts

Back