Pic's Of Your 8018

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASD

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
attachment.php

Nice stumper. The only thing that I don't like is the wireless remote, there is no protection for the operator. In that pic the operator is looking right at the wheel with nothing but a hard hat. My stumper Rayco 1672DXH has a control panel with a lexan window and rubber guards to keep you from getting hit with chips,rocks and even the occasional peace of metal. that just doesn't look safe for a high Hp grinder.

Use one it will change your mind!

Nice stumper. The only thing that I don't like is the wireless remote, there is no protection for the operator. In that pic the operator is looking right at the wheel with nothing but a hard hat. My stumper Rayco 1672DXH has a control panel with a lexan window and rubber guards to keep you from getting hit with chips,rocks and even the occasional peace of metal. that just doesn't look safe for a high Hp grinder.
What you guys that have never run a remote do not realize is the operater could have been running his machine from the cab of his truck if he wanted to.Im sure he is close just to get into the picture frame. If you ever were to use a remote you would never want to go back to eating dust, lexan shields,(that fog up) and manual controls.

some pics of 8018 100hp

can;t seem to get pics on to site,but, if you go to liston equipment site there is two sets of pics of my 100hp 8018. Trust me if you like the standard 8018 you will be blown away by this machines performance !!!!!! Pics are in NEWS section of site .
I also run a vermeer 665B,danequip pedestrian 27hp running on 700greenteeth and vermeer s600 skidsteer and waiting for carlton 2010 with sandvick dura disk

Trust me Daves grinder is awesome,I saw it a Listons dealer day yesterday AWESOME!!!

Dave i'm the bloke with the 352 :bang: and showing the spray rigs...

Thor,

That stump is huge!!! Looks like what we see here from blow-overs after a Hurricane - speaking of which - Hurricane season is coming!!

bigstumps,
that beech stump was a blow over ,the arb contractor pulled it back with a 6 ton hitachi digger. It took an hour to grind. I would do at least one like that a week which is why I jumped at the carlton 8018 100hp !

I WANT, I NEED, I MUST HAVE,I DREAM ABOUT, 8018'S :deadhorse:

I was thinking about the SP7015TRX that way till I've seen this. I wanted to be able to get through gates - the little Kubota is doing so well at that maybe I'll just go big to the 8018.

We will see what Hurricane season brings!!

Hi Bigstumps,
How many hours on the Kubota? Are the Sandvik teeth still doing well too? How many hours between sharpening? Sounds like you're very pleased with the machine.

Stumper63

Dont be so hasty!!!!

If you really look close at the picture you commented on,, the operator is about in the only place he can be to see his work, that stumps right up against that building,,, and there is a canvas debris shield that runs the entire length of the area on the boom besides to protect the operator... I dont think you could work it as close with manual controls,,, granted he needs a face shield anyway,,, check it out,,, here's some pics of our 8018 its two years old and kicks some tail,,,,, the guy in the pic no longer works for us cause he was re-peatedly bad about PPE or lack there of which we provide,,, these photos were taken on location @ a church and we were reprimended twice on this job!!!! Our Insurance wont stand for it,,,,

attachment.php

these are Great machines BTW,,, have a manual lil bro 4014,,, on wheels and has levers,,, only use it when we have too!!! Dont knock wireless till you try it!!!!

attachment.php

What about Rocks

I hear what your saying but hear in Pa most stumps have rocks in them. It just doesn't look safe to me I have seen countless rocks and other debris flying in every direction. I'm not saying I don't like that grinder it looks like an awesome machine. guess when I'm ready to get another grinder I'll have to demo 1. What Hp is that and how deep will it grind ?

After owning a Kubota on a SP4012 I am thinking of the SP8018TRX with a Kubota - you guys are making this decision easier.

With the power of 4012 I don't really need the backyard ability of the smaller track - I'm going for pure power!!!

I got ya,,,

After owning a Kubota on a SP4012 I am thinking of the SP8018TRX with a Kubota - you guys are making this decision easier.

With the power of 4012 I don't really need the backyard ability of the smaller track - I'm going for pure power!!!

The 8018 Deutz Turbocharged motor is rated actually @ 78 HP and will get down about 18" comfortably, and it is a Bad Azz when we got it was two days after hurricane Rita and we have upgraded it with a Sandvick wheel....:chainsawguy:

Our older Carlton has been upgraded to a 40 HP Turbo moto W/Sandvick Cutter also and is manual controlled and it a great machine,,, and we still use it quite abit Ive just gotten spoiled with the Remote R/C,,,,

The beauty of the R/C unit is you can position yourself as an operator to the side of the Debri stream and you dont have to take the beating of holding on to the levers,,,, :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back