Piece of history.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Today I met a guy who has been a chainsaw mechanic and dealer for over 50 years. He went into business 4 months after I was born. He still has manuals for Malls, Disstons and Remingtons. Still has original dealer signs for them and others. Still has a few near new McCulloughs from the early 70's and some ancient Remingtons and Homeys and of course a mess of Huskys, Stihls, Echos. These days he deals in Dolmar and Poulon Pro. He even has a nice used Sachs 116si there that I'm going to go back and pick up. We had a good 2 hour chat and he directed me to some wholesalers to check out. Nice guy, a good day.

Is there a reason that you didn't post his name, phone number, & address (other than it being against AS rules)? :msp_wink: :msp_biggrin: :laugh:

Pguy- He has a P40 in real nice shape there too. When I get back I'll have to see if he has any idea where I could find a P51 like I used to have!

Chris, I'm not putting his name out till I get my first pickin's done!:)

Pguy- He has a P40 in real nice shape there too. When I get back I'll have to see if he has any idea where I could find a P51 like I used to have!

Hey thats not fair!!!:smile2:

Today I met a guy who has been a chainsaw mechanic and dealer for over 50 years. He went into business 4 months after I was born. He still has manuals for Malls, Disstons and Remingtons. Still has original dealer signs for them and others. Still has a few near new McCulloughs from the early 70's and some ancient Remingtons and Homeys and of course a mess of Huskys, Stihls, Echos. These days he deals in Dolmar and Poulon Pro. He even has a nice used Sachs 116si there that I'm going to go back and pick up. We had a good 2 hour chat and he directed me to some wholesalers to check out. Nice guy, a good day.

What Macs might those be? I'll have to start saving up for one of them. If he's got an SP125, I got first dibs. :)

Always keep your eye open for any big P series saws, you know how to get ahold of me.
Pioneerguy600

Mac- he's got a PM800 and 700 (IIRC) and some newer stuff, I was looking for a 7-10 but all he had was a couple 10-10's. Nothing huge I'm afraid, or really old.

Pioneerguy- Yeah, I missed a P61 a couple years back just 10 miles from me. I'd like to have a 41, 51 and 61 plus an orange Farmsaw and Holiday II like my Dad had. I still think the two tone green Pioneers were right up there with the yellow and black Macs for good looks, maybe even a touch better looking.

Mac- he's got a PM800 and 700 (IIRC) and some newer stuff, I was looking for a 7-10 but all he had was a couple 10-10's. Nothing huge I'm afraid, or really old.

Pioneerguy- Yeah, I missed a P61 a couple years back just 10 miles from me. I'd like to have a 41, 51 and 61 plus an orange Farmsaw and Holiday II like my Dad had. I still think the two tone green Pioneers were right up there with the yellow and black Macs for good looks, maybe even a touch better looking.

How much for the 800, and one of the 10-10's? Might be interested if the price is right. For example, emptying my wallet price.

+1 on that!
Pioneerguy600

Next time you see the fellow I'd appreciate it if you'd ask him if he has an NOS or good used piston, cylinder, and rings for a Remington SL-9. I can give you part #'s if you'd like...:D

I'd be interested in whatever old Homelites he has too. Also, a 57090 piston and a matching jug for a Homelite 900D woud make me do backflips...:cheers:

Last edited:
I'll try to remember everything guys. I didn't look at prices on the Macs as I wasn't interested. I should be back down there within a month or so.

Back