Pine Logging Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12guns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My dad and I have appx 6 acres in the middle of Big Piney National Forrest in northern Arkansas. It's down an old logging road and not easy to get to. About 4 years ago the local loggers came in and fixed up the road so it would be passable by log trucks. Our road drops off and follows the creek for appx 1/4 mile before getting to our cabin. Here's my question. Is there anybody willing to cut trees off my land and haul them up a few hundred yards to their truck? Would there be any money in it? We only have a few acres, but some of the Pines on our land are huge and probably worth something. If they are not cut, they will just die like the rest of them and fall accross my road! Please shot me down, or send me in the right direction. Thanks!

You need to list the steepness of the hill, i.e. % slope.
Any obstructions?
Lots of equipment can do that job. You might want to focus on costs and how rough each can be on the land.
You might want to look up your local extension agent. They can be helpful for a nominal fee of usually $0.00

Hey 12 guns, where at in Northern Ark., if your serious about logging, contact Berlie Bess @501 208 3990; this guy is a timber buyer for Ridgeway timber.

Latest posts

Back