Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ground is broke off the coil. It is a spade connection that should stick out of the slot at the back bottom of the coil.
Bob

Is that how much they're worth? Or just what you would pay? :laugh: I found one in good shape for $100, but the recoil spring is broke. Was running when last used not long ago. Is that price out of line? :msp_confused:

In the end, the price is all up to the buyer...

Me, I wouldn't pay more than 30 for that 600 with a broken recoil spring... going from what pioneerguy said.

Some of those old saw owners think they have gold... and it's nothing extremely special or rare.

Guy on my local CL wants 100 bucks for a PM610. Yeah, right. Ain't ever gonna pay that much for one... been on there for 80 bucks a couple of times, and still hasn't sold. It's too much for a reliable saw that is a cinder block with handles.

-------------------------------------

Did I mention an NU-17? :blob2:

Thanks for the help. Except for the high tension lead, there are no other wires exiting the ignition module so there's nothing to connect to the switch. ?? Strange!

On that setup there should be a spade connector sticking out the back end there some place to connect the off switch wire up to, just as Bob said, if its missing then its a no go with a switch.

Is that how much they're worth? Or just what you would pay? :laugh: I found one in good shape for $100, but the recoil spring is broke. Was running when last used not long ago. Is that price out of line? :msp_confused:

It would have to be nearly mint used condition to be worth a $100. and you would have to want it some bad.

Need a 600 pulley...

Hi all, i found out that my pioneer 600 with the original pioneer starter have a broken pulley (the little tab where the recoil hold at the back) so if someone have a good one for sale, just tell me :bowdown:

Thanks alot !!!

P45hp

I don't poke my head in here too often. So I figured I would show off one of my newest toys. Yes, the chain brake works.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTI0LTAwMTA3LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTI0LTAwMTAzLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTI0LTAwMTEwLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTI0LTAwMTExLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTI0LTAwMTA5LmpwZw.jpg

It was quiet a bit of trouble getting the Oregon RW bar on it. Much more difficult making the new oil holes and angle them to match with the oil rail.

I don't poke my head in here too often. So I figured I would show off one of my newest toys. Yes, the chain brake works.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTI0LTAwMTA3LmpwZw.jpg

Can anyone decipher the year that saw was made by that serial number?

That EMAB thing has had me confused for some time. It seems common to believe that the Poulan Pro saws were built in the states but I'm not or have ever been fully convinced of that.

Some of Poulans saws were made in Canada in Markham which is not that far from Peterborough and I still don't know what went on in Peterborough between 1984 and 1988.

Where does Huron Park come in? When I hear EMAB I think of the little Frontier etc type saws?

Just wondering here......

Not a problem Lawrence. Since the rain is backing off. I get to use my old Pioneer/Partners more often.

Just wondering where you came across the saw at? I got a P45 off ebay sometime back. It was marked like yours. But, mine is 88-8 with the recoil cover being off the 88-9 saw. It also has the H W on it too.
Bob

Pp655

Have a Poulan pro 655 and am having oil pump issues. First I see there is a small threaded hole near the two manual oiler connections on the oil pump. I'm missing whatever is suppose to be in there and wonder if this is causing a lack of oil flow. Any ideas? Thanks
Bob

Just wondering where you came across the saw at? I got a P45 off ebay sometime back. It was marked like yours. But, mine is 88-8 with the recoil cover being off the 88-9 saw. It also has the H W on it too.
Bob

I picked the saw up at the only saw shop in town. H & W is are the initials of the logging company that owns the saw shop and the saws. Huffman & Wright. The local saw shop sold Pioneer/Partner saws up until production of them stopped. So they switched over to Stihl.

Can anyone decipher the year that saw was made by that serial number?

That EMAB thing has had me confused for some time. It seems common to believe that the Poulan Pro saws were built in the states but I'm not or have ever been fully convinced of that.

Some of Poulans saws were made in Canada in Markham which is not that far from Peterborough and I still don't know what went on in Peterborough between 1984 and 1988.

Where does Huron Park come in? When I hear EMAB I think of the little Frontier etc type saws?

Just wondering here......

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTI1LTAwMTEzLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTI1LTAwMTEyLmpwZw.jpg

This is my Poulan Pro 405. Made in the same factory as my P45 and P42.

On one hand. I know there are a lot of yall folks in there that love Pioneer, Pioneer/Partners. I have a NOS P45 jug and slug. Which I plan on slapping ontop of my P42. Have to 72cc Pioneer/Partners. The catch 22 is, I'm looking for a NOS set of rings, but with no luck. Anyone?

On one hand. I know there are a lot of yall folks in there that love Pioneer, Pioneer/Partners. I have a NOS P45 jug and slug. Which I plan on slapping ontop of my P42. Have to 72cc Pioneer/Partners. The catch 22 is, I'm looking for a NOS set of rings, but with no luck. Anyone?

Do you have a part number for the rings? WOuld they be the same as the PP455? I have a new cylinder for a 455 and there is a set or 2 of rings that came in a box I can check the numbers for you.
Bob

I wish I knew the parts number. My IPL for the P45 is on my old "crashed" laptop. Your guess is as good as mine is man. Sorry I couldnt help out more.

If they take the same rings as the PP455 here is a link to them. Baileys still lists them.
Bob
Bailey's - PISTON RING SET

I just have rings for the P51-52 and a set for P61-62

I can't find any information on the P45 regarding the rings it requires. Nor can I find any infomation on the PP455 ring size either. Mike Acres site gives the bore size for the P45 of 50mm. Nothing on the P455. So maybe I'm just out of luck?

Back