Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're doing good work, 4cyl, and you're getting good advice from kev1n. It wouldn't be hard to do later, but it would be especially easy now to replace fuel lines with something that the modern ethanol urine won't eat up. Maybe oil pick-up line too. That 51 doesn't look to have may hours on it - wonder what happened to it. Maybe a bearing cage blew apart and poked the dents in the piston. Any scoring?
You're going to have a fine saw when you get done. Hope the ignition stays healthy.
Also, I saw rings for that saw on ebay for $14 a couple of days ago and ordered a set that I shouldn't need for years.
You guys sure have purty saws - my old Pioneers have been used hard and show it. My 655 still has some of her makeup on and looks young, though.

Hillwilliam

Help with 1073 pioneer chainsaw

I just bought a 1073 pioneer chainsaw that does not run... And would like to get my hands on an owners manual, even if it is a downloadable type, it is my first pioneer chainsaw and would like to get familiar with it before i tearr into it.

I just bought a 1073 pioneer chainsaw that does not run... And would like to get my hands on an owners manual, even if it is a downloadable type, it is my first pioneer chainsaw and would like to get familiar with it before i tearr into it.

I'm not sure that an owners manual would help when you are tearing into it. You will likely get more from an IPL and Service Manual.

:cheers:

Try the link on peteoldsaw's signature (Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire). You find both an IPL and OM.
GL
Lou

Lou

Try the link on peteoldsaw's signature (Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire). You find both an IPL and OM.
GL
Lou

Thanks for passing on the link to the new member! It was Chris's hard work putting on all up the host site!!
I wonder how many guy's overlook that link? It could help a few fellas with these old Pioneer myself mostly, LOL!

Thanks for passing on the link to the new member! It was Chris's hard work putting on all up the host site!!
I wonder how many guy's overlook that link? It could help a few fellas with these old Pioneer myself mostly, LOL!
It's I that need thank you, Mark, Andy (Lakeside), SawTroll (and SawWitch); and countless others... I came here years ago looking for a replacement for my FarmSaw and found a family.
Happy Thanksgiving... You all have a place at my table and in my heart.
Lou

I just opened that link and there's nothing there. Does it still work for anyone else??

I just opened that link and there's nothing there. Does it still work for anyone else??
Let me have a look when I get to an actual computer. If it is a bad link I will put up a good one for you folks. I recently learned that DSS is a midget so let's all be supportive of him. :)

I just opened the link and it worked fine for me.

Sometimes it helps if one clears their browser cache (Tools > Clear Recent History in Firefox) or even just closes and reopens their browser.

Yep to that !

It's I that need thank you, Mark, Andy (Lakeside), SawTroll (and SawWitch); and countless others... I came here years ago looking for a replacement for my FarmSaw and found a family.
Happy Thanksgiving... You all have a place at my table and in my heart.
Lou

Sorry for my poor grammar in my previous post, must have been a little tired.Yes to what you mentioned Lou and the list could go on and on.It was Pioneerguy600 and Propliner who were the first Pioneer gurus to help me out with Pioneer saw stuff.
Lawrence

Clutch slip.

I was cutting some 18" timber today with my s6-20 and sometimes the clutch was slipping. Will a clean fix it? It looks ok, what's the best thing to clean it with? No oil after right?
Thank you Nic.

p50 parts

Just wondering if anyone can help me. Im trying to track down a 3 peice ignition assembly for a p50 (pick up, coil & conensor) but not having any luck. Any help is greatly appreciated as im dying to get my pride and joy cutting again.
Thanks

I was cutting some 18" timber today with my s6-20 and sometimes the clutch was slipping. Will a clean fix it? It looks ok, what's the best thing to clean it with? No oil after right?
Thank you Nic.

Give it a go and let us know. The 620 has steel shoes so there should be no oil inside the clutch drum. You will need a puller to get the clutch carrier off the crankshaft, it is keyed on.

Just wondering if anyone can help me. Im trying to track down a 3 peice ignition assembly for a p50 (pick up, coil & conensor) but not having any luck. Any help is greatly appreciated as im dying to get my pride and joy cutting again.
Thanks

PM me your shipping info. I'll see what it costs to send the stuff I have to you. Like I mentioned in your other thread, it wasn't working on the saw, but maybe 2 of the 3 pieces are good. Hopefully what's good, will fix ya.

Parts are free, I'll probably even foot half the shipping also. Can't stand to have a good P50 down.

Give it a go and let us know. The 620 has steel shoes so there should be no oil inside the clutch drum. You will need a puller to get the clutch carrier off the crankshaft, it is keyed on.

Thanks Jerry, I Guessed it would be you who replied, I'm sure it'll work, it was a sharp chain and chewy wood if you know what I mean- lots of drag.

Thanks Jerry, I Guessed it would be you who replied, I'm sure it'll work, it was a sharp chain and chewy wood if you know what I mean- lots of drag.

I have seen many times where the rakers would be cut down too low and that would cause the clutch to slip, check them , they should be around .025-.030 lower than the cutters.

Latest posts

Back