Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ dadd;
I must warn you... 99.9% of chainsaws have left handed clutch threads; Pioneers are often an exception to that rule.
Please check the thread before you try to remove any nuts.
I did my part, GL.
Lou

Just wondering if anyone can help me. Im trying to track down a 3 peice ignition assembly for a p50 (pick up, coil & conensor) but not having any luck. Any help is greatly appreciated as im dying to get my pride and joy cutting again.
Thanks

I will take it to the post office tomorrow, sorry for the delay, I been super busy. Meanwhile, I started a thread that may help us.
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/186437.htm#post3295215

I think I've found my answer, but I want to be positive before I go and ordre anything...What I'm looking to find out for sure is what bar mount a Pioneer 1200-A uses. From what I've found, it looks like the Oregon K095 mount is what I need.

Can anyone confirm?

What about other manufacturers?

Thanks.

I think I've found my answer, but I want to be positive before I go and ordre anything...What I'm looking to find out for sure is what bar mount a Pioneer 1200-A uses. From what I've found, it looks like the Oregon K095 mount is what I need.

Can anyone confirm?

What about other manufacturers?

Thanks.

Yes, it's a KO95 bar. It doesn't have to be an Oregon bar. That's a very common mount, the small Husqvarna saws use it too.

Just wondering if anyone can help me. Im trying to track down a 3 peice ignition assembly for a p50 (pick up, coil & conensor) but not having any luck. Any help is greatly appreciated as im dying to get my pride and joy cutting again.
Thanks

Your stuff went out today.

Hiya fellas, I was just wondering if anybody cared to tell me how to go about fixin a primer on 1110, and probably the 1450 as well.. :)

Doesnt sound like fun.. Maybe thats why the 3 I have upstairs, didnt have the primers :)

Best to just do away with them? Fella brought these in, and wanted them fixed. I dont know if the primer is neccasary for him.

Pioneer 650 - wrong carb...

Oops... I missed where you mentioned you already replaced the lines. :msp_smile:

I´ve a very bad problem... after my 650 arrived i noticed it had a HL-172B mounted... AHRRRG...
Does anybody have an spare HL-129A to sell ? :msp_confused:

I´ve a very bad problem... after my 650 arrived i noticed it had a HL-172B mounted... AHRRRG...
Does anybody have an spare HL-129A to sell ? :msp_confused:

Hi Luis,
Welcome to this site. The carb you have will run your 650 just fine, there is no difference in the size of the venturi of those two carbs, both have a 11/16 venturi. Is there some reason you need a 129A? I have some if you really , really need one.

Might have found a solution. Carbs are a number 1 or 3, and the ones off my parts saws were vise versa. So maybe that will work? Worth a shot anyway. The 1450 we are working on is a good looking old saw.

Pioneer model FM

I bought a Pioneer saw today and or the tag is the information. Model FM and for the date there is a 80. and a serial number. I can not find it on Acresite. Can anyone give some information on this saw. The labels on the side of the top handle are worn off. Thanks Tom

I bought a Pioneer saw today and or the tag is the information. Model FM and for the date there is a 80. and a serial number. I can not find it on Acresite. Can anyone give some information on this saw. The labels on the side of the top handle are worn off. Thanks Tom

FM is a Farmsaw. Is it orange?

FM is a Farmsaw. Is it orange?

The clutch cover, gas and oil tank cover is, but the top handle is gray and the rewind is ivory.
I found it on Acres site and it stated that it had a compression release interconnected. In a hundreds words or less can you explain that? Tom

Last edited:
The clutch cover, gas and oil tank cover is, but the top handle is gray and the rewind is ivory. Tom

Must be a frankensaw. 66cc's. Basically a cheaper version of a P41. Good enough saws except for the recoil. I don't know how they would put a different recoil on a farmsaw, you'd have to change the flywheel, and then the ignition,....can you post a pic?

The clutch cover, gas and oil tank cover is, but the top handle is gray and the rewind is ivory.
I found it on Acres site and it stated that it had a compression release interconnected. In a hundreds words or less can you explain that? Tom

Inside the clutch cover, there is a mechanism which turns that pushes on the decomp when you pull the rope. If you take off the recoil it's all there to see. Theres a yoke that rides on the starter pinion.

Back