Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Just wondering if anyone can help me. Im trying to track down a 3 peice ignition assembly for a p50 (pick up, coil & conensor) but not having any luck. Any help is greatly appreciated as im dying to get my pride and joy cutting again.
Thanks

I will take it to the post office tomorrow, sorry for the delay, I been super busy. Meanwhile, I started a thread that may help us.
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/186437.htm#post3295215

viper22

viper22

ArboristSite Lurker
I think I've found my answer, but I want to be positive before I go and ordre anything...What I'm looking to find out for sure is what bar mount a Pioneer 1200-A uses. From what I've found, it looks like the Oregon K095 mount is what I need.

Can anyone confirm?

What about other manufacturers?

Thanks.

DSS

Cowshot
I think I've found my answer, but I want to be positive before I go and ordre anything...What I'm looking to find out for sure is what bar mount a Pioneer 1200-A uses. From what I've found, it looks like the Oregon K095 mount is what I need.

Can anyone confirm?

What about other manufacturers?

Thanks.

Yes, it's a KO95 bar. It doesn't have to be an Oregon bar. That's a very common mount, the small Husqvarna saws use it too.

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
Doesnt sound like fun.. Maybe thats why the 3 I have upstairs, didnt have the primers :)

Best to just do away with them? Fella brought these in, and wanted them fixed. I dont know if the primer is neccasary for him.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Doesnt sound like fun.. Maybe thats why the 3 I have upstairs, didnt have the primers :)

Best to just do away with them? Fella brought these in, and wanted them fixed. I dont know if the primer is neccasary for him.

You could but the carbs with primers don`t have choke plates.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
I´ve a very bad problem... after my 650 arrived i noticed it had a HL-172B mounted... AHRRRG...
Does anybody have an spare HL-129A to sell ? :msp_confused:

Hi Luis,
Welcome to this site. The carb you have will run your 650 just fine, there is no difference in the size of the venturi of those two carbs, both have a 11/16 venturi. Is there some reason you need a 129A? I have some if you really , really need one.

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
Might have found a solution. Carbs are a number 1 or 3, and the ones off my parts saws were vise versa. So maybe that will work? Worth a shot anyway. The 1450 we are working on is a good looking old saw.

tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Pioneer model FM

I bought a Pioneer saw today and or the tag is the information. Model FM and for the date there is a 80. and a serial number. I can not find it on Acresite. Can anyone give some information on this saw. The labels on the side of the top handle are worn off. Thanks Tom

DSS

Cowshot
I bought a Pioneer saw today and or the tag is the information. Model FM and for the date there is a 80. and a serial number. I can not find it on Acresite. Can anyone give some information on this saw. The labels on the side of the top handle are worn off. Thanks Tom

FM is a Farmsaw. Is it orange?

tomdcoker

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
FM is a Farmsaw. Is it orange?

The clutch cover, gas and oil tank cover is, but the top handle is gray and the rewind is ivory.
I found it on Acres site and it stated that it had a compression release interconnected. In a hundreds words or less can you explain that? Tom

Last edited:

DSS

Cowshot
The clutch cover, gas and oil tank cover is, but the top handle is gray and the rewind is ivory. Tom

Must be a frankensaw. 66cc's. Basically a cheaper version of a P41. Good enough saws except for the recoil. I don't know how they would put a different recoil on a farmsaw, you'd have to change the flywheel, and then the ignition,....can you post a pic?

DSS

Cowshot
The clutch cover, gas and oil tank cover is, but the top handle is gray and the rewind is ivory.
I found it on Acres site and it stated that it had a compression release interconnected. In a hundreds words or less can you explain that? Tom

Inside the clutch cover, there is a mechanism which turns that pushes on the decomp when you pull the rope. If you take off the recoil it's all there to see. Theres a yoke that rides on the starter pinion.