Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did great Tim!! If Chris can't fix you up with the parts, I can send them to you. I also have a coffee can full of nos Pioneer screws if you need any.
I also have an oem starter handle you can have, that one looks a little strange.

Thanks Ed. Chris is going to look for a handle and clutch cover and some screws. If he can't find them I will be glad to take you up on your offer.

PM coming your way on the starter handle.

You Pioneer guys are great!

Glad I bought the P51. That thing is awsome. The old reed valve saws have amazing torque.

A bit heavy for an old guy to use all day but great fun to cut with. I can't wait to get it buried in a big log.

One of these days I'll have to try a modern 80cc - 90 cc saw to see how they compare with the old ones.

Tim

Thanks Ed. Chris is going to look for a handle and clutch cover and some screws. If he can't find them I will be glad to take you up on your offer.

PM coming your way on the starter handle.

You Pioneer guys are great!

Glad I bought the P51. That thing is awsome. The old reed valve saws have amazing torque.

A bit heavy for an old guy to use all day but great fun to cut with. I can't wait to get it buried in a big log.

One of these days I'll have to try a modern 80cc - 90 cc saw to see how they compare with the old ones.

Tim

Between the P51 and the Poulan sitting on your bench, modern saws don't stand a chance. ;)
Modern saws may be lighter and have better anti-vibe, but lack the torque of the reed saws.

Tough Times

Hi Fellas
Well guy's I'm having some tough family times right now,one of the reasons I have not been on here much.So I need to unload some Pioneer saws I don't know how much I can disclose in this thread ie. prices and the like but there are part saws and very possible runners.I'm not going to part indivdual parts out as I just can't spare the time.I need to do this quickly.So Pm me and I can email pictures to you
Thanks
Lawrence

Between the P51 and the Poulan sitting on your bench, modern saws don't stand a chance. ;)
Modern saws may be lighter and have better anti-vibe, but lack the torque of the reed saws.

There's no newer saw out there I've heard that sounds quite so good as those old reed valve machines. I guess the sound does nothing for the cut but it sure makes you feel like you have something mean in your hands.

Hi Fellas
Well guy's I'm having some tough family times right now,one of the reasons I have not been on here much.So I need to unload some Pioneer saws I don't know how much I can disclose in this thread ie. prices and the like but there are part saws and very possible runners.I'm not going to part indivdual parts out as I just can't spare the time.I need to do this quickly.So Pm me and I can email pictures to you
Thanks
Lawrence

Lawrence, I'm sorry to hear times are tough. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.
Do you have a paypal account? I'm not interested in your saws... I'd like to see you keep them.
I'd be willing to help in any way I can, I'm sure others feel the same way.

Ed

Lawrence, I'm sorry to hear times are tough. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.
Do you have a paypal account? I'm not interested in your saws... I'd like to see you keep them.

Ed

Much as I would love to get into his saws,I agree with Ed. Maybe we can help him keep them ? Count me in !

Ed
Ed Thanks so much for all you have offered !!!!!!!!I might as well make this public, my wife left me.I do not want any charity whats so ever.That does not sit well with me,that needs to be saved for people on here that are in dire straits with major health issues or have run into poverty.I have two fantastic kids that are almost on their way to being independant,almost.I will have a roof over my head and food to eat and clean drinking water, what else does a guy need.I hope she will reconsider and come back to the marriage.I know the mistakes I have made and I'm willing to work on the issues,for one thing the saws have taken too much time up that should have been devoted elsewhere.I have to unload the saws as they are taking up too much room in the garage and I need to get my truck on the road which is in the garage also.The truck will take time as I need to fix up the house for a possible sale down the road if my wife decides not too come back.I have tons of work to do on myself and tons of physical work as well.I have to hunker down and give it my all.I'm not looking for sympathy I'm a grown man and have to admit where I have gone wrong and move forward.
Thanks for your kind words Ed !!!!
Lawrence

Last edited:
Thanks tbone

Much as I would love to get into his saws,I agree with Ed. Maybe we can help him keep them ? Count me in !
tbone,please read the above post to Ed.Most of the saws have to go,the true reality is there is no other way.My family comes first!!!!! I'm not looking for any handouts PERIOD.I'm not that sort of person and that sort of stuff will not sit well with me.No one in my family has a life threating illness.
I have stocked up about 25 saws in all different states of condition.I would only want what I paid for each saw and then the buyer would have to pay for shipping so it might not even be worth it for guy's to purchase them.This is not intended to be a classified add as I do not want to get banned from this website.
Many Thanks
Lawrence P.S I will only be able to check in here when I have time as my priorities have to shift

tbone,please read the above post to Ed.Most of the saws have to go,the true reality is there is no other way.My family comes first!!!!! I'm not looking for any handouts PERIOD.I'm not that sort of person and that sort of stuff will not sit well with me.No one in my family has a life threating illness.
I have stocked up about 25 saws in all different states of condition.I would only want what I paid for each saw and then the buyer would have to pay for shipping so it might not even be worth it for guy's to purchase them.This is not intended to be a classified add as I do not want to get banned from this website.
Many Thanks
Lawrence P.S I will only be able to check in here when I have time as my priorities have to shift

Lawrence, so sorry to hear about your trouble. I'd like to help as well, if you can PM me some details of the saws i'm sure we can work something out between all of us.

Larry, like was said, sorry to hear about the troubles.

Like was said, let me know if I can help as I know you have done me favors in the past. If you really have to unload some saws, pm me with any you think I might have interest in. Or email me if you still have the address.

Mark

Evilbay carcass

A P-26 I won(?) on evilbay showed up today. An hours worth of tinkering and pulling and we have another runner for the pile. He will need new fuel lines and rubber goods for the carb in the near future.

Before cleanup.

attachment.php

attachment.php

.325" x .058" on the guide bar but the chain wobbles like it is .050". Should have measured it before I mounted the bar. Chain is pretty much done anyway.

I like these little pups.

A P-26 I won(?) on evilbay showed up today. An hours worth of tinkering and pulling and we have another runner for the pile. He will need new fuel lines and rubber goods for the carb in the near future.

Before cleanup.

attachment.php

attachment.php

.325" x .058" on the guide bar but the chain wobbles like it is .050". Should have measured it before I mounted the bar. Chain is pretty much done anyway.

I like these little pups.

That will clean up very nice ! Good score !

Carl, thats a pretty nice one.

I got a big box of those little Pioneers in parts if you need something or all of them. :laugh:

Well, now I have two of the little buggers. A P-21 and now the P-26. Should hold me for a spell.

But, You have any good clutch drums in the pile? .325" x 7 spur/drum is what is on them now. Not getting any love on the Bailey's list.

Thanks Mark.

Ha! Found new ones on evilbay. Carlton C50910 Hit BIN for one. May get another later if it works out.

Hate to run a new chain on an almost done for sprocket.

Edit: Just noticed it is an 8 tooth sprocket. We may be in trouble.

Last edited:
Just bought a P42 and it is missing the chainbrake. Naturally I would like to restore it. Anybody have any parts they could spare? Don't have much to trade except greenbacks.

Thanks

Gerry

Just bought a P42 and it is missing the chainbrake. Naturally I would like to restore it. Anybody have any parts they could spare? Don't have much to trade except greenbacks.

Thanks

Gerry

Did you get the one off eBay that was up in Seattle? That was a pretty clean saw. Same seller sold me my near-new Mac 10-10; he's a pretty good guy!

Thanks

Gerry

The easiest and probably cheapest way to do that would be to find a Farmsaw clutch cover and swap the guts. All the parts, including the cover would fit your saw, but it would be orange of course. I have seen NOS ones on ebay for not that much money and it would be easy to shift the parts into your cover.

Its a lot easier to find brake parts for those than it is for the 50/60 series saws.

Back