Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
petesoldsaw's signature contains IPBs for many Pioneer models. I'd look there.
"#1 Thanks to AS members, Pioneer information can be found at this link.http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...247fc782d61f10"
Lou

I think a 2073 has that silly sheet metal thing like a 1073. A 26/28 series uses a normal screw adjuster.

Thanks Chris,Sagetown is needing one for his 2073,that has sat since 91,because of this problem. I'm trying to find one for him so we can get it fixed at the Mo. GTG. Anybody have one or know where to order one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris,Sagetown is needing one for his 2073,that has sat since 91,because of this problem. I'm trying to find one for him so we can get it fixed at the Mo. GTG. Anybody have one or know where to order one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well sheet. I got one from a 1073 he can have.

Back in the day we didn`t use the chain adjusters on them, most were discarded anyway. We just pulled the bar out til the chain came tight, then tightened the bar nuts up. Wonder if a P26 clutch cover would fit with the adjuster in the cover.

Back in the day we didn`t use the chain adjusters on them, most were discarded anyway. We just pulled the bar out til the chain came tight, then tightened the bar nuts up. Wonder if a P26 clutch cover would fit with the adjuster in the cover.

Never thought about that,I will give that a try tommorow,unless someone chimes in and says different. Thanks

I got all kinds of covers etc but not a 2073. A P series cover might work.

Let me know if you need anything Jim.

The IPL shows different PNs for the 2073 and 1073.

Oops that don't sound good,have to do some more research I guess. Thanks Lou,maby someone else will come to the rescue.

I don't want to disagree with Lou, 'cause I'm no expert on these, but it looks like the same thing to me. Here's a link to the Chainsawr part listing:

Chainsawr pioneer 2071, 1073, 2073, 970 chainsaw clutch cover with adjuster and spring (2071 bin)

It shows to fit both models, 1073 and 2073. If this is what you need I'm pretty sure I have a 1073 for parts in the basement. Shoot me a PM and I'll compare mine to the Chainsawr picture, but if memory serves that's what mine looks like.

dd

I don't want to disagree with Lou, 'cause I'm no expert on these, but it looks like the same thing to me. Here's a link to the Chainsawr part listing:

Chainsawr pioneer 2071, 1073, 2073, 970 chainsaw clutch cover with adjuster and spring (2071 bin)

It shows to fit both models, 1073 and 2073. If this is what you need I'm pretty sure I have a 1073 for parts in the basement. Shoot me a PM and I'll compare mine to the Chainsawr picture, but if memory serves that's what mine looks like.

dd

From what little I can remember of them that looks like the cover for them all.

From what little I can remember of them that looks like the cover for them all.

Hey Jerry,

Do you have a NU-17? I just ran across one and have it in the basement. This is the Acres link:

Model Profile: NU-17

Mine isn't quite that pretty, but it does seem complete. I think it has an ignition issue, haven't got into it yet. It is one HEAVY top handle saw.

dd

Check it out Marc and let me know.

Hey Jerry,

Do you have a NU-17? I just ran across one and have it in the basement. This is the Acres link:

Mine isn't quite that pretty, but it does seem complete. I think it has an ignition issue, haven't got into it yet. It is one HEAVY top handle saw.

I saw that, tbone75. Are you sniffing around for another project saw?

Hey Jerry,

I have 5 or 6 of them.

Check it out Marc and let me know.

You are a LOT of trouble, old man. :hmm3grin2orange:

OK, the 1073 I have is missing the adjuster and spring. I pulled my 1074 down and found it has a normal adjuster but just barely fits. It rubs against the muffler to the extent if I were to use it I would want to take a bit of material off of it to give some clearance to the clutch cover, although I didn't see a problem there. It's the seam on the muffler edge that causes the problem and it might be as simple as pulling the muffler off of "shaping" the edge a bit.

Anyway, I'm not giving up the 1074 without a fight, so I dug around some more and found (I think) a P 28. The P 28 cover is almost identical to the 1074. It fits the 1073 much like the 1074 cover did, with the same clearance issue as noted above. Nothing major, just a little rub that could be worked out easy enough.

The P 28 cover is cracked and has a hole in it, leaving the adjustment screw visible from the outside. It's nothing that would affect the working of the chain adjuster, but it ain't no beauty queen, either. I checked the 1074 cover and it has the same crack developing on it. Apparently when you tighten down the bar nuts it causes the chain adjuster to push out on the clutch cover casting, causing the crack and eventually the break.

Whew! Did I mention you were a lot of trouble?

Now you'll probably want some pictures, too. Sheesh!

dd

Latest posts

Back