Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will measure and see if I can do a gasket delete on it and look into rings too. I think I still need the intake boot - the rubber part - since mine is cracked. I have the plastic filter but there is no wire mesh and it looks like it HAD a nylon screen on it at some point.

What sets the P41HP apart? That's the saw I have and I'm curious about the differences. Not going to get much don't this weekend but there's always more time.

Sent from my intellectually challenged "smartphone".....

I will measure and see if I can do a gasket delete on it and look into rings too. I think I still need the intake boot - the rubber part - since mine is cracked. I have the plastic filter but there is no wire mesh and it looks like it HAD a nylon screen on it at some point.

What sets the P41HP apart? That's the saw I have and I'm curious about the differences. Not going to get much don't this weekend but there's always more time.

I resorted to a piece of felt glued on the plastic frame with 3M Weatherstrip glue on my P-40.

The P41HP has the larger exhaust the same as a P50 or P60. It uses a larger bore Walbro SDC 80 carb, thre reeds are different. No other mechanical changes. The P41HP has black handles where the P41 used the standard green.
They were made in 1982. A short run model between the P42 and P42HP. The serial tag on the bottom should also show it as a P41SH HP

I have those filters and 99% sure I have the rubber airbox for that style. When you say intake boot... are you talking about the plastic intake manifold / reed block, or the rubber airbox? Is this the style filter you have? http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-FAR...946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c86bdd82

That would be the rubber air box, I haven't gone any further with this one but plan to get rid of the base gasket asap also.

I know it has been a while since my last post on this thread, but I owe a BIG Thank You to the gentlemen that helped me to track down parts and even donated fuel caps for my Pioneer P-42. Thank you to Arrowhead, Ambull, P-62, PioneerGuy and I know there were a couple more who provided advice whom I can't remember. Thanks Guys !!!!!!!!!
I finally got her going!P-42-1.JPG P-42-2.JPG

I know it has been a while since my last post on this thread, but I owe a BIG Thank You to the gentlemen that helped me to track down parts and even donated fuel caps for my Pioneer P-42. Thank you to Arrowhead, Ambull, P-62, PioneerGuy and I know there were a couple more who provided advice whom I can't remember. Thanks Guys !!!!!!!!!
I finally got her going!View attachment 328424 View attachment 328425
Stick around , you will find there are many many people here like that ! Treat them good they will treat you better ! I know for a fact !! They have did more for me than anyone ever has !! No way I could ever thank them enough !! Just like one big family !!

That would be the rubber air box, I haven't gone any further with this one but plan to get rid of the base gasket asap also.

Did you check the link to the filter I posted at the top? Is that what you need? I have the filter and airbox I can send ya.
Make sure you check the squish first... before removing the base gasket.

I have not checked anything because my only good net access is at the shop but I will this coming week. Thanks for the reminder.

Arrowhead.... it is the rubber airbox I need. Got a filter from another member already.

Hi Jerry
Hey I'm not sure what's going on with this site, I want to PM you but for some reason I can't find the PM on your profile or anyone elses for that matter.
Hi to all you other guy's it's been a long time but I have had many issues to deal with.Hope all of you are well !

Hi Lawrence, great to see you back here, I hope all is well! You are the man who started the best thread on AS and it's nice the hear from you again. The site was hacked with a nasty virus and hasn't been the same since. Some personal info was lost along the way.

Latest posts

Back