Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't checked with a dealer yet, but do you know if they still sell the carburetors for these saws. The one on this saw needs replaced or a total rebuild.
Most likely it's a Walbro WJ. Rebuild kits are widely available for them, I'm sure you can find a complete new carb on ebay if you go that route.

I bought a large box of NOS Pioneer parts. I'm going to need some help ID'ing some of them.
First off, anybody know what this filter may fit. I have a bunch of them... if anybody needs one. Free to any Pioneer lover in need. :)

IMG_0680.jpg

Hoping someone here can help me identify this saw. Was pointed in this direction by a few nice gentlemen. It's a target brand concrete saw but sure looks to be a Pioneer with a Target branding. The model number on it is T5214S. Anything is very helpful, thanks
that saw is sweet. I belong to a 4th generation tile and marble family. We have used Target saws for years. they are the best.

I'm hoping this is a good place to post this.

So today I was going through a box of pioneer parts that I have and found an ignition module for I believe some sort of Pioneer. I know it doesn't fit any of the models I have. I bought it from a guy that told me it was working and it was for a P-41. At the time I didn't know what the module on a P-41 looked like and after looking at mine, I don't think he did either. At least it's not like the one on the P-41 I have.

Is this a module that anyone may need. If someone could use it either to get a saw running or as a spare for a saw they have, I'd like it to go to someplace it could be used to keep an old Pioneer running.

Attachments

• IMG_20140223_204309_280.jpg
    IMG_20140223_204309_280.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20140223_204222_935.jpg
    IMG_20140223_204222_935.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 22
I'm hoping this is a good place to post this.

So today I was going through a box of pioneer parts that I have and found an ignition module for I believe some sort of Pioneer. I know it doesn't fit any of the models I have. I bought it from a guy that told me it was working and it was for a P-41. At the time I didn't know what the module on a P-41 looked like and after looking at mine, I don't think he did either. At least it's not like the one on the P-41 I have.

Is this a module that anyone may need. If someone could use it either to get a saw running or as a spare for a saw they have, I'd like it to go to someplace it could be used to keep an old Pioneer running.
That's an early P41 3 piece ignition. The early P50's used the same style.
I have a couple P41's, and I'm not sure if they use that style or not.
I'd be happy to give it a new home if it's still available.

Here are a couple of saws I used on this years woodpile. A P41 HP and a P61 Western. The Western had a broken crankshaft. I was able to find a P52 with a burnt piston and cylinder for a donated crank. The P41 HP required a new cylinder. The old one had come loose on the base and the bottom corner was broken. I replace the cylinder, piston and rings. Both saws are running great and made short work of the pile. the P41HP has a very noticable increase in power over a standard P41. I am going to do a mod to an extra standard 41 I have. Will replace the carb, exhaust and reed assemble. the HP also uses an 8 tooth sprocket for a faster chain speed.

Here are a couple of saws I used on this years woodpile. A P41 HP and a P61 Western. The Western had a broken crankshaft. I was able to find a P52 with a burnt piston and cylinder for a donated crank. The P41 HP required a new cylinder. The old one had come loose on the base and the bottom corner was broken. I replace the cylinder, piston and rings. Both saws are running great and made short work of the pile. the P41HP has a very noticable increase in power over a standard P41. I am going to do a mod to an extra standard 41 I have. Will replace the carb, exhaust and reed assemble. the HP also uses an 8 tooth sprocket for a faster chain speed.
Is the 41HP the one with the extra set of auxiliary transfers like the P-45?

Nice saws Jeff. I see you got that wood cut up without my help....

ok, i picked up a NOS cylinder/piston/pin clips etc today, #476292, 405, 405 Plus, P42, correct? will it also fit in a P41 and a 455 frame? uses the same rings as P41, P42, etc. correct?

hey does anyone know where i can find a gas cap for a 1981 Pioneer farm saw? mine swelled up and while removing got destroyed. its really impossible to find parts on the net for these things,
Thanks in advance.

Mike.

edit:also im not sure if this was the right thread to post in or not just the only one i saw from google that was discussing pioneer saws.

ok, i picked up a NOS cylinder/piston/pin clips etc today, #476292, 405, 405 Plus, P42, correct? will it also fit in a P41 and a 455 frame? uses the same rings as P41, P42, etc. correct?
can one of you guys help me out with confirming my theory?

thanks

can one of you guys help me out with confirming my theory?

thanks
The cylinder you bought will fit the P41, but, The coil mount is different. You will need to change the ignition and flywheel for it to work on a P41.
I can't say for sure on the 455. I believe it will bolt on ok a work if you use the ignition and flywheel from your 455. The cylinder porting and piston on the 455 is different It is a larger saw!

Latest posts

Back