Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello fellows.
Anyone sitting on an extra set of rings for a 6 cube? Thin rings part# 475227
Nice to see the restored RA saws. I picked one up a while back just for the top chrome Pioneer logo. Would be glad to part the rest of the saw out to anyone who needs parts.

View attachment 405608 View attachment 405605 View attachment 405604 View attachment 405592 View attachment 405604 View attachment 405605 View attachment 405608 View attachment 405592 View attachment 405584 View attachment 405592 Your saw looks great, mine looks more yellow than yours but sometimes it's just the light I take it outside its almost white. Still wish I could stumble on parts, sometimes I do. Just started it up in the house, wife don't like it Fred don't mind. I love the smell of husqvarna mix!View attachment 405584
I've been back to look at that saw 5 times now, that's nice.

didn't realize ya had that much... would like that footpeg clamp, & bar plates, lower right pic. and a decent starter cup. would pay u to ship to bc. does starter cover have anything in it?

The starter cups look ok. About 2.025" ID. That better than you have? The starter cover has everything but the spring and cord. Never took the big washer off to look underneath but it's likely missing the friction washers. PM me your address if you're interested and we can work something out.

Here's the bigger parts for the older saws I have. Maybe this should almost go in the trading post... If I have to move it I gladly will. The first three pics are all the different parts and after that it's the same parts a bit closer. In addition to these, I have a box of carb kits, boxes of hardware, and a bunch of fuel caps, carb parts, and more odds and ends. I sold most of the 750 parts to Chris b so there's not much of that left. It's kinda dark in the cellar right now so they aren't great. If you want more info, pm me.

image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 36
I may be able to help... I'm not sure. I have a ton of those original top cover and carb sets from when they were switching saws over from the primer bulb. Unfortunately, the bulbs are all powder. I might have a saw with the retrofit carb and top cover though. I'll check.

That is sweet!

Hey all,

My old man has had an old P39 torn apart in the shed for a few years now trying to find a replacement recoil spring. I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any part numbers that would help, and/or if there are other springs that would fit/work from other models or brands.

Thanks in advance

Hey all,

My old man has had an old P39 torn apart in the shed for a few years now trying to find a replacement recoil spring. I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any part numbers that would help, and/or if there are other springs that would fit/work from other models or brands.

Thanks in advance

There's one on eBay that says it fits a P38, P41, etc. Not sure if it would work or not.

NEEDING SOME ADVICE

I'm hoping to get a little help/advice from some of the Pioneer experts here.

The saw is a P51 that has mostly been rebuilt recently. Put a ported cylinder on it with new rings. Went through the entire saw at the time except I did not mess with bearings, seals, or case splitting.

Rebuilt the carb (SDC 53) and it ran very well for a while. Then it started to idle erratically. I would set it at about 2700 rpm. After revving it up a little, the idle would sit at 3000-3200 for 15-30 seconds, then it would drop back down to 2500-2700. The saw ran great in the cut but went lean after the cut a couple of times. Most of the time after a cut, the idle will be very high for a while and sometimes the chain would continue to spin.

I have vac/pressure tested the saw at least 6 times. No air leaks at all. I rotated the crank quite a bit and it held pressure/vac. Did the same to the carb, it'll hold 7-10 PSI for 10 min +.

I've rebuilt the carb with a couple of new kits. I bought a US cleaner and ran the carb through that as well. Removed the welsh plugs too. Metering lever is even with the little raised bosses on the carb as per Walbro instructions but the saw will flood easily.

I've replaced the fuel lines, coil, plug, and nothing helped. I've pressure tested the fuel lines (new) and the tank vent on a brand new fuel cap.

Finally I swapped out the carb with the rebuilt SDC 53 off my 60. Got the same results.

I'm starting with 1 1/4 out on both carb screws but no amount of turning makes much difference.

What am I missing? Air leak when hot only? Lousy carb tuning (I'm no expert)? Not sure what else to try.

Thanks for reading all this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vacuum test? And or pressure test? It may be sucking air not leaking air, reed valves all working with good gaskets as well?

Yeah on the vacuum and pressure test. I've done both several times and it holds both well.

The reed block and gasket are new. Sealed up very well. Sprayed soapy water all over everything and no leaks there. The reeds are also new and look good.

Wow, that's too cold to be camping! That could certainly take some of the fun out of it.

Vacuum test? And or pressure test? It may be sucking air not leaking air, reed valves all working with good gaskets as well?

That's the saw I got the muffler from you for. I just put it on today and it works and sounds well. This video is pretty dual port muffler though. Thanks.

Back