Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the thumb screw is the high speed adjustment and should be turned out 1 1/4 turns as a starting point, the small needle on the left side is the low speed and should be 3/4 turn starting point that's the low speed adjustment

I was thinking these two screws were high and low, no?

do you have the inner shroud under the top should have rubber isolaters on it sometimes you can put a little silicon tit to raise them up a little to quite things down.

Is there any chance you can show me a pic of the inner? I only have the top cover but the silicone sounds like a good idea, thanks.

Go blue... Inner shroud. Still can't download the pictures of shroud its like an aluminum box that wraps around the cylinder and head, as for the chain all mine are 58 ga. I'd put a feller gauge in between the rails on your bar. Where in Mich. You live, I was born in Kalamazoo, lived just outside of Fremont for awhile, I can hardly wait to move back cal sucks....Perry

I will take the chain off and make sure. I measured with my digital caliper though.
Seems like I'm missing the shroud,which really sucks. Any ideas as to where I can find one?

I was born and raised in Gettysburg area. I'm a Wolverine football fanatic. I bleed Maize-n-Blue! Been to the Big House many times and love it. It's like a mecca to the holy land for me.

Guess I havn`t been on here in a couple of days, you fellas are having a good time. Wish I would have been here for it as I can answer most questions about my favorite oldies...LOL

I see MGoBlue has a 610 with a purolator airfilter and a latch style cover. The shroud for that type of saw has two rather large rubber bumpers to help support the engine cover. Never a good idea to run a 600 series saw without the shroud in place. I will take some picts of both styles of shrouds and post them tonight. The 620 and later saws have four small bumpers on the shroud instead of the two larger ones the 600 and 610 uses.

This is the shroud for the 600 and 610,

recently%2Bupdated%2B364.jpg

This is the shroud for the later 620, 620S and the 650,

recently%2Bupdated%2B365.jpg

they are pretty much identical except for the rubber bumpers and the bumpout for the sparkplug boot,

recently%2Bupdated%2B370.jpg

recently%2Bupdated%2B369.jpg

recently%2Bupdated%2B368.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B367.jpg

recently%2Bupdated%2B366.jpg

Really appreciate the pics! Is there a chance I could get a few more of the shroud on the cyl without the top cover? Looks like I may have to make a cardboard template and transfer it over to one of my used printing plates as a temp shroud. They are aluminum and I think .030", which should allow me to cut a few cookies.

Did some horse trading with another member here and since it is Pioneer in Poulan colors I'm posting it here. It only seemed fitting to get this as a year ago or so I picked up its bigger sibling BP655 .

It runs is all I know at this point. It is fresh off the farm in Nebraska.

6debc5c8324f61ad2a2c7d572e6fb24c.jpg

Sent from somewhere

Did some horse trading with another member here and since it is Pioneer in Poulan colors I'm posting it here. It only seemed fitting to get this as a year ago or so I picked up its bigger sibling BP655 .

It runs is all I know at this point. It is fresh off the farm in Nebraska.

6debc5c8324f61ad2a2c7d572e6fb24c.jpg

Sent from somewhere
Nice macsimizer!

Picture shows 2, we'll see if that's what I get. It's listed as a 600 series.

friday_parts_036_medium.JPG

That one won`t keep your cover tight but will keep the airflow in around the cylinder fins. The shrouds with four small bumpers are for saws built after the 610, they fit the 620, 620S and 650, their cover attaches with a screw at the rear handle, different than the latch used on the 600 and 610.

Latest posts

Back