Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would that be the one with the choke instead of the primer? Nice score either way. I've seen a few 3270's come up for sale but I haven't jumped at one yet.

Yes this one has a choke. That was the reason I was interested in it.

It seems to have the same clutch setup as my 750 and seems to have that same clutch rattle also. Not sure why they rattle..

Yes this one has a choke. That was the reason I was interested in it.

It seems to have the same clutch setup as my 750 and seems to have that same clutch rattle also. Not sure why they rattle..

The old fella I bought my Homelite Super 650 from said he had Pioneers and he changed to Homelite because the clutch noise from the Pioneers drove him nuts.
He couldn't figure out why either.

put up pics of farmlite & mentioned free farmsaw.... both runnin now. farmlite, baked coil @ 250/2hr., has started/run/cut 4x since. farmsaw had coil far from fw as possible, maybe 6x business card. put back to w/in one & runnin/cuttin...

IMG_0917.JPG

these, p40 & 41, some o my fav pioneers. fml is 8cc less, and yep, ya do feel it....

Wish I had time to make mine a runner. Seems like it would be a fun old saw to run!?!?

Most of that series saws have bad coils, the coating on the exterior of the coil cracks all to heck and moisture destroys the coil. Other than that they are really tough old saws, I have a few....LOL They are very deceptive about their weight, very heavy for a saw this size, like a block of lead heavy....LOL

View attachment 445393 View attachment 445391
Hello, I'm pretty new at AS but I picked up my first Pioneer today a p41hp it runs great, came with book that says run on 24:1 ratio with changes in today's oil should I stick with that ? Synthetic or not ?
Also chain brake spring is broke so looking for that and a gas cap (someone crossthreaded this one) if anyone has a parts saw? And or does anyone know what other saws caps interchange? Thanks

I should have both the gas cap and spring if your interested.

Back