Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
450 question here.

2 keyways in crank, 1 in fw. which one to use? tia.

I've never seen such a thing, but there are a lot of things I haven't seen. Are you talking about a Poulan Pro 450/ P45? I could check a Pioneer carcass and maybe get you an answer.

I've never seen such a thing, but there are a lot of things I haven't seen. Are you talking about a Poulan Pro 450/ P45? I could check a Pioneer carcass and maybe get you an answer.
That was the Poulan Pro 455/Pioneer P45.... The Pioneer 450 was a muuuuch older saw.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

well the 3270's yella again

Attachments

• painted 1.jpg
    painted 1.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 19
  • painted 2.jpg
    painted 2.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 19
  • painted 3.jpg
    painted 3.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 20
  • painted 4.jpg
    painted 4.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 18
  • painted 5.jpg
    painted 5.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 18
  • painted 6.jpg
    painted 6.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 22
  • painted 7.jpg
    painted 7.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 18
  • painted 8.jpg
    painted 8.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 19
  • painted 9.jpg
    painted 9.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 19
The 3270s are great saws. I have 3 for a reason, and several other that are predecessors and derivations of that chassis. You got your seals and bearings ready? If you find an OEM primer, they can be repaired to new.

Chris B.

450 question here.

2 keyways in crank, 1 in fw. which one to use? tia.

I'm guessing you didn't notice the 2 keyways when you pulled the flywheel. I didn't know Pioneer did this sort of thing. How far apart are they? I'm betting it won't be hard to figure out which is right by trial and error. The wrong one will probably not start and kick like a mule.

Chris B.

The 3270s are great saws. I have 3 for a reason, and several other that are predecessors and derivations of that chassis. You got your seals and bearings ready? If you find an OEM primer, they can be repaired to new.

Chris B.
yup just put them in, nearly reassembled, just having fun with starter recoil spring lol

I'm guessing you didn't notice the 2 keyways when you pulled the flywheel. I didn't know Pioneer did this sort of thing. How far apart are they? I'm betting it won't be hard to figure out which is right by trial and error. The wrong one will probably not start and kick like a mule.

Chris B.

the key stayed in crank. I left it there. put a mac coil in. firin on prime, now, so took fw off, key out, was gonna try other [180* away] side. keyways not the same, one is for woodruff key, other would work w/square keystock. its slobberin flooded now. try again tomorrow.... are these hard starters? my other primer [3270] is not.IMG_0952.JPG

i hope to find proper primer but until then i plan on making do with any sort of generic primer bulb, would you know where i could find blowback tube, air filter, mixture screw plate/grommet, and air filter cover, or what other pioneer saws parts match, ive seen some that look similar but without comparing in person or parts numbers its hard to say, thanks.

Any of the 14-10, 14-20, 14-50, 3200, 3270, 2400, 2460 saws would supply what you need, including the primer. Only the 3270SC didn't have a primer. Sounds like you need a parts saw. Sugar Creek Supply should the decal you'll need to finish it.

Chris B.
thanks cbfarmall

well you guys ain gunna beleive this, even i hardly do but just squirted some rem oil in the throat of 3270 to inhibit it, gave it a pull with ignition off and no carb and it fired up for a second lol. even did it a second time lol. they dont make em like pioneer used too

Sounds like it might run on diesel. I have a couple of 1100 part saws if the carb would be of any use to you. Spent a year in NZ back in the 60's Lovely country!
Regards,

Lee
thanks Lee, might have to get a video of it and post it, ill have a look see if any of the parts i need are same as 1100 ones thanks very much for the offer

Latest posts

Back