Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to it, Ed. You'll love the P50's. I use one for my bigger sawing jobs even though I own a few P60 series saws. You could say the P50 is my beater... it's tough and powerful and runs like a Swiss watch. They are close to the same size and weight and the power difference is not that noticeable between the 82 and 98cc saws either. Let us know when you get one going!

Great thread, guys. I just read 110 pages in one day, I had a few questions for the pros but they are all answered now.

I just picked up a Pioneer 650 last week and am looking forward to rebuilding it. It looks to be in great shape, we will see as I tear it down...

Great thread, guys. I just read 110 pages in one day, I had a few questions for the pros but they are all answered now.

I just picked up a Pioneer 650 last week and am looking forward to rebuilding it. It looks to be in great shape, we will see as I tear it down...

Keep us posted and picts are always welcome.
Pioneerguy600

Could be Dropped51,you could PM me if you want too sell it,and we could talk.:clap:
Just seen that you already have..good man

Last edited:
Pioneer part?? Can anyone id??

I found this in a bag with a p50 isp, owners manual, and some old chains. I know is not off a p50. Its plastic and its the same color green as on the saw. I am trying to attach pictures, but Im not sure if I will do it properly, I may need help with that also! Thanks - ED :confused:

Arrowhead

Hello ED
Off hand I would say it looks like the piece from the bottom of the trigger handle that you put your foot on.But I'm not an expert.What does the other side look like?Your pictures turned up on your post .That's Good!
Lawrence

Ed, that piece is the rear handguard for the older P-series and should fit your saw. It slides into the handle on the rear right side and is held in by three screws. If it doesn't work or you don't need it, I've been looking for one in green and would sure like to buy it from you.
Brendon.

Last edited:
Thanks, petesoldsaw and propliner!

Thanks for the info. I would have never figured it out! It looks brand new, I believe you have to dill the holes in the handle yourself. It fits perfectly, but niether of my saws have the holes drilled where it mounts, that what makes me think my Uncle never installed it, unless he had another Pioneer I did not know about. Propliner, I will part with it, maybe a trade for something I need. Give me a PM and we'll figure something out. Thanks Again - ED

Can anyone help with this part number?

I'm looking at a full wrap handlebar on ebay and the part number given is 475201. I'm wanting one for a P-60. Does anyone here know if this would fit?

Bar fit?

Hi Paul, looks like 475201 lists for a P41 so sorry, it wont fit.
I may be able to find one but its going to be a week or so before I can ask an old guy that has some parts near me. I need to ask about some bars for Brendon too!

I'm looking at a full wrap handlebar on ebay and the part number given is 475201. I'm wanting one for a P-60. Does anyone here know if this would fit?

Decals are on

Well guys, i finally got my P41W decals and applied them today. Along with that, I did the bar stencil as well. The decals and stencils were meticulously recreated by Joe at Sugar Creek Supply. What he does there is simply magic! He will have decal sets available for anyone doing a large P-series saw as I've sent him a few pictures for the other models. He can also recreate any decal with a simple photograph of one. The bar stencil is available now.

I am nothing short of ecstatic with this project and Joe has really helped make it complete. I know the full wrap handle is still missing, but that will come in time. Here are some pics:
P41finished003.jpg

P41finished004.jpg

P41finished005.jpg

P41finished012.jpg

P41finished008.jpg

P41finished006.jpg

Last edited:
Back