Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built it for my son who's 9 now. He can have it when I think he's old enough to take good care of it, but I'm wondering when that'll be. I'm thinking around age 40 or so.
Brendon.

Last edited:
P41

Brendon that is a fantastic job on that P41,well done indeed! Those decals really give it that extra touch,man that's nice.Mine does not look anywhere near that nice ,but it's not too shabby.I will post pictures when I can get my act together
Lawrence

mean tha ts a nice job looks just like new Whats your next one? Ive just picked up a 1200a as my first saw resto P41s are good saws

I built it for my son who's 9 now. He can have it when I think he's old enough to take good care of it, but I'm wondering when that'll be. I'm thinking around age 40 or so.
Brendon.

The greatest problem with just giving a work of art to someone else is that they may not realize the amount of work that went into restoring it and therefore they don`t appreciate what it stands for. You may be lucky and your son will appreciate having a saw like that if you can get him interested in helping you at times with putting together a couple of saws in the future, something about sharing the passion may rub off on him.
Pioneerguy600

Great Job!

The saw looks great! I will use the same paint on my P50 project. I will need to find the code for the green though. Again, great job!:clap:

WOW Brendon! :rock: I knew it was going to be outstanding but the decals made it perfect! As for giving it to your son, think I'd want to give him a beater P41 to use and learn to respect then when the time is right I'd give him the restored one to keep for his son. I do have one question for you. Is that a low kickback (safety :() chain I see? -elbow to the ribs-

Brendon.

P51?, p60 ?

Hi,
I have recently acquired a pioneer saw and a parts saw along with it and am having trouble identifying them. The only identification are serial number tags on the top and I dont' know what the numbers mean. They both have full wrap handles and big bucking spikes. Neither has the manual oiler of the P60 but the air cleaner and top handle parts have been replaced and are a combination of black and green parts. The working saw has a chain brake(broken off) and they both have mufflers that exit out the top rear. The working saw has a compression release and the parts one has a bolt plugging the compression release hole. The working saw has a 28" bar and tons of power. I know a picture will help and I will add some later today. I would appreciate any help or suggestions,
Thanks,
jvd1

Hi,
I have recently acquired a pioneer saw and a parts saw along with it and am having trouble identifying them. The only identification are serial number tags on the top and I dont' know what the numbers mean. They both have full wrap handles and big bucking spikes. Neither has the manual oiler of the P60 but the air cleaner and top handle parts have been replaced and are a combination of black and green parts. The working saw has a chain brake(broken off) and they both have mufflers that exit out the top rear. The working saw has a compression release and the parts one has a bolt plugging the compression release hole. The working saw has a 28" bar and tons of power. I know a picture will help and I will add some later today. I would appreciate any help or suggestions,
Thanks,
jvd1

Once you post those pics these guys will let you know in seconds. They really know their stuff.

:cheers:

it looks like a p 51 it has decompression button i think p60 saws had 2x log spikes on them Mind you i never knew they made a saw bigger than a 51 till 2 weeks ago

I am definitly no expert on these, I just got my Pioneers 2 weeks ago. My guess is its a P61. There are a few guys on this thread that can positively I.D. it for you. They can probably tell you what the guy had for lunch that assembled that saw!! Give it time and you WILL have your answer. Thats a heck of a nice saw whatever it is!!

I have to retract my statement I think its a p60. Did you look on the bottom of the crankcase for the id plate?

Thanks for the replies, the only marking on either saw case is a silver sticker with serial numbers on it by the fuel and oil caps

ID Plate

Yes, You should check on the bottom of the saw for the ID plate. It can sometimes be hard to see. Looks like it was a "Western" version as it has the full wrap bars and the muffler with the exhaust facing backward. The air filter is the other thing that makes a Western. It's not the screen type but rather a larger one that seals all the way around the airbox.

The other guys are correct, it is at least a P51. It's a lot of saw. I'm thinking its a P51 or P61 Western. Great saw either way, congratulations!

Back