Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reference to the post a ways back on the 655BP main bearings.
The bearings are NOT your normal 6203 but have a special larger bore and a large radius on the inner race.
I lucked out and found OEM on PartsTree.

I wasted some cash and quite a bit of time putting my 655 together. Twice.

Picked up a pretty nice pioneer 14-24 at Hedgerows GTG. Anybody know what size engine it has. Don't run into to many Pioneers in my neck of the woods. Acres doesn't show anything on it.

Now that I got the model correct, I found it on Acres site. 65.5cc, nice. Runs on prime, just need to replace the fuel lines so I can test the primer.

That 14-20 reminds me of my 14-50. I cleared over 200 acres with that saw, it sure was a great saw in its time,

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

image.jpg Bought this guy this weekend for twenty bucks. This is my first pioneer and truth be told, I don't know much about them. The gentleman I bought it from said it ran earlier this year, but he broke the clutch spring. I already have one on order so we'll see how difficult it will be to replace. I kind of suspect that bar is a little long, but I do hear these have some muscle.

View attachment 378903 Bought this guy this weekend for twenty bucks. This is my first pioneer and truth be told, I don't know much about them. The gentleman I bought it from said it ran earlier this year, but he broke the clutch spring. I already have one on order so we'll see how difficult it will be to replace. I kind of suspect that bar is a little long, but I do hear these have some muscle.

My personal max for a strong P-41 is 24".

Back