Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aight, so I figured I might as well share...Pics are always good. :)

24d4824593efaf47765066c9b6dc71ac.jpg

946c50e4b60953bc67267c476c859892.jpg

38fab3ecce83911c36b405977f9edc90.jpg

48a5cc7b3760eb8c8217cd66da1b5e1c.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Yeah buddy, not much better than that. My buddy wondered why my 455 pulled so much better than his 044...hehe. I haven't noticed it being a real fuel hog, but i don't have many "sippers" to compare it to either. Hadn't got enough run time on my 655 to find out how bad it is just yet. It came with that 20" HN Poulan bar on it. It was a pretty low hour Fire Dept saw that rode the truck most of the time. :) The 455 came PHO so i switched it. The 655 deserves something more substantial i think.

I'll be more than happy to listen to chain filling secrets... Whatever you did on those seemed to be really making chips stack up, and quick! Lol

As for the v-stacks, count me in if/when she gets on the ball with those. I'd def love to have a couple.
View attachment 440411

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Nice saws! I see your 655 is a BP! That critter will just laugh at a 36" bar, even at high altitude. My bigger saws gulp the fuel, but they get an enormous amount done while they're doing it. But it takes at least twice as much fuel to get the same amount done with one of my P45s. No kidding!

As for the filing stuff, I explained a lot of it, to the best of my understanding, in a thread I started about a month ago. It was called 'Chain geekery: chisel ground vs chisel filed' or something like that. You may have noticed that my old P51 blew my 655BP away in the little video above. Both had good work chains, but one chain was much faster.

As for the filing stuff, I explained a lot of it, to the best of my understanding, in a thread I started about a month ago. It was called 'Chain geekery: chisel ground vs chisel filed' or something like that. You may have noticed that my old P51 blew my 655BP away in the little video above. Both had good work chains, but one chain was much faster.

That was an interesting thread 'over there' with some surprising results and good discussion. I'll probably stay a bit more conventional for my dirty, semi-hardwood here in Ohio, but am tempted to decrease my angle just a tad to see how it holds up under my general cutting conditions.

But that's for another thread...

And indeed some nice saws above!

OK! I'm confused, I picked up a 3270sc today and it has a choke instead of a primer? Did the super have a primer and the sc have a choke? Anyway, I don't see putting this saw together and am going to part it out, let me know if you are looking for a part. KZ

OK! I'm confused, I picked up a 3270sc today and it has a choke instead of a primer? Did the super have a primer and the sc have a choke? Anyway, I don't see putting this saw together and am going to part it out, let me know if you are looking for a part. KZ
Someone seen the light and converted it to a conventional choke likely.[emoji6]

Pioneer/Partner P52

A buddy brought me this saw and said can you get it running? Among other things, what I need right now is a new piston and rings.

So.... here's where I'm at with this still- I've got part numbers for the piston, piston kit etc. Don't need that info.
Still searching for an OEM piston.
I've gleaned that the Poulan 525 is near identical. My question- if I find a 525 piston is it the same as whats on this P52 I've got (P52CBW to be exact)?
Thanks, then I'll be out of your hair

So.... here's where I'm at with this still- I've got part numbers for the piston, piston kit etc. Don't need that info.
Still searching for an OEM piston.
I've gleaned that the Poulan 525 is near identical. My question- if I find a 525 piston is it the same as whats on this P52 I've got (P52CBW to be exact)?
Thanks, then I'll be out of your hair
Take your Pioneer part number (Farmsaw piston 475355) preface it with 507 (507475355) and you have the Poulan Weedeater part number. That should help.
If you can get pioneerguy600's attention i'm certain he has some alternatives.
I don't think I've ever seen him absent this long before. Are you OK Jerry?

Take your Pioneer part number (Farmsaw piston 475355) preface it with 507 (507475355) and you have the Poulan Weedeater part number. That should help.
If you can get pioneerguy600's attention i'm certain he has some alternatives.
I don't think I've ever seen him absent this long before. Are you OK Jerry?
You will find him over on the H-a-w-g-z site.

Thanks for the info- and I'll try and track down Pioneerguy600

If you aren't going to make a shelf queen, you can use a primer bulb for a weed eater that has the screw holes on each side. They fit perfect on the bolt holes and set in the hole from the inside far enough to use like any other.

Back