Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys suggest for sealing the filter bowl on a 650?

The gasket tore a bit when I removed it. I used motoseal on a fuel tank gasket once and it didn’t work on that occasion.

Is there a preferred sealant for fuel tanks? I have seal all but I think that’s permanent?
I use this with the gasket, I clean and wipe all surfaces with acetone first.
works Ok for me in problem spots.

Attachments

• E56104D7-5479-4235-8327-A7E95B17DDB6.jpeg
    E56104D7-5479-4235-8327-A7E95B17DDB6.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2
What do you guys suggest for sealing the filter bowl on a 650?

The gasket tore a bit when I removed it. I used motoseal on a fuel tank gasket once and it didn’t work on that occasion.

Is there a preferred sealant for fuel tanks? I have seal all but I think that’s permanent?

l just make another gasket to replace the old one unless you do not have any on hand.

l just make another gasket to replace the old one unless you do not have any on hand.
Yeah that makes sense. I don’t have a diagram for that assembly and wasn’t sure if it was a separate gasket or if it was part of the housing…..
If it’s simply a gasket then cutting anew one is a good option!

I have a few rolls of felpro I use for base gaskets Is it good for fuel tanks?

Yeah that makes sense. I don’t have a diagram for that assembly and wasn’t sure if it was a separate gasket or if it was part of the housing…..
If it’s simply a gasket then cutting anew one is a good option!

I have a few rolls of felpro I use for base gaskets Is it good for fuel tanks?
If it's their black stuff that's like .030 thick that's what I'd use. Going to be doing the same soon enough for one of my super 620's.

Having an issue with my Poulan Pro 405. I believe it’s similar to the P41 or P42. Believe it has the same auto oil system. My problem is the oiler hardly oils. It simply very slowly dribbles out. I’ve disassembled the oiler, checked the adjustment screw o ring( looks okey). Also sprayed both sides of the gasket with Copper Coat Gasket Compound to assure better sealing. Also inserted the pickup line with saw tipped up to ensure it locates properly. Don’t know what else to do. Is this a shortcoming of the saw?

Having an issue with my Poulan Pro 405. I believe it’s similar to the P41 or P42. Believe it has the same auto oil system. My problem is the oiler hardly oils. It simply very slowly dribbles out. I’ve disassembled the oiler, checked the adjustment screw o ring( looks okey). Also sprayed both sides of the gasket with Copper Coat Gasket Compound to assure better sealing. Also inserted the pickup line with saw tipped up to ensure it locates properly. Don’t know what else to do. Is this a shortcoming of the saw?

Perhaps you have already done this but to get proper position of the oiler p/u head engine nose down and tilted to the str side. Quite often the old original oil line softens up and kinks at the point were the nipple is attached on pump. replace the line if thats a problem . Note the length of the oil line should be 4-1/2".
Is the worm gear in good condition ?
Are you checking the oil flow with the proper Bar on the saw ?

Back