Pioneer hotsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Carberry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all you hotsaw guys heres one for ya. Think its possible to tweak an old Pioneer P50 for a little more power? Its 5.0 cc, you can view mine in the pioneer page of the chain saw collectors corner.

Pioneer P-50

Hello Pioneer,
You can make a p-50 run very well. you have to do all the regular mods. Also have to change the reed valve assembly to a mac 4-reed pedal unit or a motorcycle reed assembly, but there competitive. A fellow named Ron Hartell was unbeatable a few years back. won the championship up north 6 or seven years straight with a 655 BP. thats a 6 cube version of the same saw saw. Art Martin Also has one thats pretty fast. You might get a hold of him and ask what he's done
ken dunn

Yep thats what I thought Ken. This thing is a screamer!! I'm probably not looking to go full competition with it yet at least. Its my primary firewood saw right now. Would be looking to get a little more power with a few minor mods though.

Latest posts

Back