Pioneer P5something.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubster

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was on the back of a guys truck today. I asked him how he liked the old Pioneer saws. He said he had torn down an old shed and the guy gave it to him. He asked me if I wanted it because he was just going to trash it. Free Pioneer P5something !!! Anyhow, I was hoping you guys could tell by pictures if I have a P50, P51, or P52. Are parts going to interchange regardless? I will gladly dig deeper and try to find a serial# if that would help. Thanks in advance. Sorry, had to throw in a picture of my best buddy too.

Attachments

• 20230427_175323.jpg
    20230427_175323.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230427_175345.jpg
    20230427_175345.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230320_230512.jpg
    20230320_230512.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
This was on the back of a guys truck today. I asked him how he liked the old Pioneer saws. He said he had torn down an old shed and the guy gave it to him. He asked me if I wanted it because he was just going to trash it. Free Pioneer P5something !!! Anyhow, I was hoping you guys could tell by pictures if I have a P50, P51, or P52. Are parts going to interchange regardless? I will gladly dig deeper and try to find a serial# if that would help. Thanks in advance. Sorry, had to throw in a picture of my best buddy too.
Should be a tag in front of the air box or on the underside if my memory serves me right. I'm pretty sure all the basic parts interchange between the 5 and six series saws, I know at least the recoils do.

Looks like a P50. A look at the side of the AF cover would help, The 50's had a lower top cover than the 51's.

Likely the most powerful of the 82cc Pioneers. Also the worst paint.

Should be a tag in front of the air box or on the underside if my memory serves me right. I'm pretty sure all the basic parts interchange between the 5 and six series saws, I know at least the recoils do.
I will be a p50

Looks like a P50. A look at the side of the AF cover would help, The 50's had a lower top cover than the 51's.

Likely the most powerful of the 82cc Pioneers. Also the worst paint.
That very pale yellow also indicates a P50 and the solid color number P 5 still left of the original numbers inndicates a 50 in combination with the pale yellow.The 51 and 52 had distinctive color differences over the 50.

Back