Pioneer partner p62 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winterbiker

Teeth and smoke!
Reaction score
Hey all again.
Just picked up a well used p62.
Appears to have some piston scoring and possible cylinder damage.
Anyone know where to get replacement kits for this?
It's a thin ring style.
Thank you.

Hey all,
Can I put a poulan pp655 or bp jug on my p62?
If so, same question, is there a set out there?
Thanks.

It has been done I've witnessed it I however requires a bit more than just bolting the jug is requires more components and machining but it can be done. My friend in Ottawa Has done it. The saw now hangs in his logging museum along next to his ghost P35. Not something someone that doesn't have experience in pioneers and their parts are going to do. He sent me photos at the time and I remember it was quite extensive.

Hello - I read this with great interest. I am looking for a P-62. As I live in Ontario - maybe I could hook up with this collector and share some experiences that he has on his conversion. As I have a P-35. Thank you.

Hello - I read this with great interest. I am looking for a P-62. As I live in Ontario - maybe I could hook up with this collector and share some experiences that he has on his conversion. As I have a P-35. Thank you.
My buddy doesn't do all that much saw stuff anymore unfortunately. He is into motorcycles right now. He has in his collection over 300 saws most of which are pioneers. If I remember right I believe he had to change the crank on the p62 to accommodate the ppbp cylinder....among other things. To my knowledge it's a one of a kind. I know it lives in his museum of his grandfather's saws from which he was a logger. If I talk to him I will ask him what he used to do the converstion.

I'm not really understanding why your buddy had to go through all that work to get
a BP655 cylinder to work on a P62. I have on my bench a boost ported cylinder and
a non boost port cylinder and they are exactly the same in every way except the
boost port. Coil mount, decomp, muffler mount, bore size etc. all the same. Cranks
are the same as well. If i'm inaccurate please school me. I've had a few of these
apart.
The P60 and P61's have different ignition systems and coil mounts.

I'm not really understanding why your buddy had to go through all that work to get
a BP655 cylinder to work on a P62. I have on my bench a boost ported cylinder and
a non boost port cylinder and they are exactly the same in every way except the
boost port. Coil mount, decomp, muffler mount, bore size etc. all the same. Cranks
are the same as well. If i'm inaccurate please school me. I've had a few of these
apart.
The P60 and P61's have different ignition systems and coil mounts.
P 62 has a different piston and wrist pin and flywheel / ignition to my knowledge than the 655bp. I don't know just from what I was told I seen the pictures of it torn down and the mods so I know something is different.

This is not correct, 655BP is a bolt on to the P62.
P 62 has a different piston and wrist pin and flywheel / ignition to my knowledge than the 655bp. I don't know just from what I was told I seen the pictures of it torn down and the mods so I know something is different.

Pistons might be different, That's why I said the BP655 cylinder should
go right on a P62 with using the P62 piston. Ignition systems are the
same as well as flywheel.

Pistons might be different, That's why I said the BP655 cylinder should
go right on a P62 with using the P62 piston. Ignition systems are the
same as well as flywheel.
This was a dead P62 which is probably the reason that it didn't work. Complete donor 655 cylinder and lower My friend said some 655 saws got a different crank that they put in the P65 or Pro 655 this was one of those. The donor saw had a bad gas to oil tank. And busted covers and handle.
6e20cc232f38429f51a65352bb658215.jpg

Back