Pioneer Partner saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralawler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My son in law traded for a old truck the other day. in the back was a old partner chainsaw, he gave it to me. Muffler is missing so is the top cover. I didn't have much hope for it. the motor had a lot of moister in it. Anyway I threw it in the shed and let it dry out. I was working on a lawnmower and picked it up decided to mess with it. hooked a new plug to the wire pulled the rope a saw a spark. poured in a little gas, screwed plug in and tryed to start. nothing. OK, I got a can of either and gave it a little spray. pull rope and pop pop pop. Bar and chain are rusted tight so i remove them. either it agian and it started. Now I've decided its worth messing with. It appears to be a modle 500 . Can ya'll help with a location to find a top cover and muffler.
I think I'll replace the starter rope with a Stihl pull handle, probbly make it run better!!!!:greenchainsaw:

My son in law traded for a old truck the other day. in the back was a old partner chainsaw, he gave it to me. Muffler is missing so is the top cover. I didn't have much hope for it. the motor had a lot of moister in it. Anyway I threw it in the shed and let it dry out. I was working on a lawnmower and picked it up decided to mess with it. hooked a new plug to the wire pulled the rope a saw a spark. poured in a little gas, screwed plug in and tryed to start. nothing. OK, I got a can of either and gave it a little spray. pull rope and pop pop pop. Bar and chain are rusted tight so i remove them. either it agian and it started. Now I've decided its worth messing with. It appears to be a modle 500 . Can ya'll help with a location to find a top cover and muffler.
I think I'll replace the starter rope with a Stihl pull handle, probbly make it run better!!!!:greenchainsaw:

That is a pretty good 49cc saw, and a Partner design, not a Pioneer.....

I have the parts...

Thanks I will message you with a parts list. I need to check it out really well to make sure thats all I need. I think I would like a new bar also one with the logo on it.
Thanks for your input also sawtroll. I hope they are good runners!!!!

Back