Pioneer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's basically a P62. The first two digits of the Target model number correspond with the Pioneer model they were derived from, and the last two denote the blade diameter, hence 62-14, 42-12, 52-14, etc. The only major difference I've noticed between the Target units and the Pioneers is the Targets don't have the oil filler port opened up, so the tank can't be used, and the oil pump has not guts in it.

+1, but then I do have some new Pioneers.
Pioneerguy600

Well, I've got one myself and your just the right guy to ask about it. It is a brand new, never had gas or oil in it, Super 2400. Color is dark green, with a nice chrome dual port muffler.

Story is that a customer of mine had this, and I asked him if he ever wanted to get rid of it, to let me know. From what I could find on Mike Acres site, it is around 1970 vintage and 70cc. This saw was intended for export, and it didn't quite make the trip. The guys father was a longshoreman, "and that's how he got it". So, last month the guy brings it into the store, and all he wanted for it, was for me to do a tune up on his snow blower. So, I guess that was the second time that saw was stolen!:clap: :clap:

I'm not looking to sell it, but how rare is this thing and what would it be worth?

Also, even though I'm curious to hear it run, I will keep it a virgin. I have it on display in the store, and it's quite the conversation piece.

Well, I've got one myself and your just the right guy to ask about it. It is a brand new, never had gas or oil in it, Super 2400. Color is dark green, with a nice chrome dual port muffler.

Story is that a customer of mine had this, and I asked him if he ever wanted to get rid of it, to let me know. From what I could find on Mike Acres site, it is around 1970 vintage and 70cc. This saw was intended for export, and it didn't quite make the trip. The guys father was a longshoreman, "and that's how he got it". So, last month the guy brings it into the store, and all he wanted for it, was for me to do a tune up on his snow blower. So, I guess that was the second time that saw was stolen!:clap: :clap:

I'm not looking to sell it, but how rare is this thing and what would it be worth?

Also, even though I'm curious to hear it run, I will keep it a virgin. I have it on display in the store, and it's quite the conversation piece.

Sorry its been a hectic couple of days, big snow storms,long hours plowing.
Where that saw is a rarity over here it woulds be worth a good dollar to collectors. Seeing that it is in good unused shape it would fetch as much today as it sold for and if a couple of collectors were interested in it that could easily double its value. Get the right bidding war going and those old classics prices go through the roof. I have been approached and offered over $2000. for one of my NOS. 620 Supers so your saw could under the right conditions bring as much. The dark green color for that saw is a deviation from the usual yellow green color they used most of the time. I have seen a couple of Pioneer saws with the dark green colors but not many.
The older Pioneer saws always bring a lot of interest to them any time they are on display, I have to hide mine as I would not get much work accomplished if they are out in sight, just too many questions and of course the most often asked is do they all run and how much do they weigh, noisy,vibration, big bars,big chain etc.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back