Plant/vine id

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy4xchris

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So recently my wood pile and the edge of my yard has been slowly being taken over by this. Does anyone know what it is? I'm located in the Greensboro NC area if that helps.
8d7a30c49c893b812177e07b6dcc921d.jpg
6015002f9f29ecd2a2da661e11165574.jpg
f144b8b1128a72fdfba85cc7a3b5938b.jpg

Sent from my electronic leash

Haven't seen any flowers only thing I noticed is it all seems to grow from some big roots that appear at the surface where the vines sprout from

It may not flower in the shady areas, but where it's in the sun, it will get fairly large, trumpet-shaped orange flowers in due time.
It is a very aggressive, often invasive vine that is strong.. not unusual for it to push fences and trellis work apart when it gets big. I've seen it with "trunks" about five inches in diameter, growing to the top of 40' telephone poles.
Assuming, of course, that I'm right about what it is. They grow all over the southeast, and even do very well up here in Nebraska, although I haven't seen them naturalize here.

Thank you at least I have an idea of what it is I started reading about it and I guess I'm just gonna have to regularly trim it back to keep it out of my fire wood pile and yard

Latest posts

Back