Playing with chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea, nothing like tulip poplar.........was full of water too. he was gonna stand on an extension ladder and cut sections :dumb2: i put it down in his garden easy peasy.
Did you feel like you were running a race saw or what? The first time I cut it I thought I did something impressive with my chain. Come to figure out its just that soft. Let it dry out and it's a lot like willow. Turns damn near to nothing pretty quick.

Well here's the chain on a smaller saw in cottonwood. Probably should take it down a rim size and it'd pick it up some.

Here's the same chain on the 385 again. A little bit different of a story. I probably need to try a 9 pin on it.

Well here's the chain on a smaller saw in cottonwood. Probably should take it down a rim size and it'd pick it up some.

Here's the same chain on the 385 again. A little bit different of a story. I probably need to try a 9 pin on it.

Nice videos !!
Is it me, I watched it a few times, did the first video show that the more you cut, the slower them cuts got ?
If thats true, eithor that chain dulled out way too fast, or the saw warmed up, got lean, and could use more fuel on the high end

Nice videos !!
Is it me, I watched it a few times, did the first video show that the more you cut, the slower them cuts got ?
If thats true, eithor that chain dulled out way too fast, or the saw warmed up, got lean, and could use more fuel on the high end
It's actually was getting richer. It was running pretty rich as it was running on pump gas.

i finely tried that chain today on some big poplar.....y'all were right, its smooth as silk. no snatchy jerky.........it might actually be faster as i can dog in good on the back cut and git r done with out stalling. now this is 36" 404 full skip on a ported 660 with the bar buried. very nice, i learned sumthin, thanks much.

Back